So what would be the best Asset/Flaw setup to go with?

#11jeffdogworthyPosted 1/20/2013 11:53:29 PM
Saeru posted...
jeffdogworthy posted...
Each stat slightly affects two other stats.

IIRC Luck affects both Str and Mag

I'm going + Skill / - Mag for a gimmicky swordmaster class :-)

Won't -MAG also lower your SPD? Or is that the gimmick?

Well that's the thing. I should have enough to double everyone on the lower difficulties but anything else gives me very very frail def/res

>.> its gimicky because I like swordmasters but I also like not-paper-thin units.

if anyone would be so inclined to offer different advice then I'd appreciate the help i can get since im bad at theorycraftin
#12emagdnEPosted 1/20/2013 11:57:11 PM
female, best stat Str, worst stat Def, bang Vaike!Jerome

enjoy your Berserker who one-two shots everything
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#13SaeruPosted 1/21/2013 12:41:20 AM
jeffdogworthy posted...
Saeru posted...
jeffdogworthy posted...
Each stat slightly affects two other stats.

IIRC Luck affects both Str and Mag

I'm going + Skill / - Mag for a gimmicky swordmaster class :-)

Won't -MAG also lower your SPD? Or is that the gimmick?

Well that's the thing. I should have enough to double everyone on the lower difficulties but anything else gives me very very frail def/res

>.> its gimicky because I like swordmasters but I also like not-paper-thin units.

if anyone would be so inclined to offer different advice then I'd appreciate the help i can get since im bad at theorycraftin

+SPD, -MAG might be better. You still get some skill, and the speed penalty from -MAG is offset without lowering STR or DEF. You end up with these modifiers: MAG -3, SKL +2, SPD +3, LCK +2, RES -1
#14Squall7491Posted 1/21/2013 1:27:50 AM
Any clue on what I should do for a Griffon Knight? I assume I should go +STR since he's an axe guy, but what should I make my weakness?
#15KrentarisPosted 1/21/2013 2:21:49 AM
I don't know about "the best", but I plan to go +Mag/-HP. If I've understood correctly, max HP isn't negatively affected, only Def and Res. I figure that even if 65% HP growth is low by Awakening standards, it's high by FE standards. Plus, I can always make up the difference with an Angelic Robe or two. I just want my offensive stats unmolested... death should come surely and swiftly :p
---
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
#16occupation_bobPosted 1/21/2013 2:27:01 AM
Squall7491 posted...
Any clue on what I should do for a Griffon Knight? I assume I should go +STR since he's an axe guy, but what should I make my weakness?

You might want to go with Skill instead, if you plan on using axes. Higher chance to hit (which is really important with axes, they have low accuracy), but it'll still increase your strength and both also increase your defense. For your negative, I'd go with Magic. You'll lose out on some speed but that's better than everything else you can lose out on. (and you won't need magic)

You can still go Strength. All that would change is you'd get Skill, but not as much as if you chose Skill. You'd get more Strength though, but you were still getting some while choosing Skill.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
#17BMSiriusPosted 1/21/2013 4:20:19 AM
I try and post this in every topic that addresses this subject...

BEST:
HP: Str +1, Mag +1, Lck +2, Def +2, Res +2
STR: Str +4, Skl +2, Def +2
MAG: Mag +4, Spd +2, Res +2
SKL: Str +2, Skl +4, Def +2
SPD: Skl +2, Spd +4, Lck +2
LCK: Str +2, Mag +2, Lck +4
DEF: Lck +2, Def +4, Res +2
RES: Mag +2, Spd +2, Res +4

WORST:
HP: Str -1, Mag -1, Lck -1, Def -1, Res -1
STR: Str -3, Skl -1, Def -1
MAG: Mag -3, Spd -1, Res -1
SKL: Str -1, Skl -3, Def -1
SPD: Skl -1, Spd -3, Lck -1
LCK: Str -1, Mag -1, Lck -3
DEF: Lck -1, Def -3, Res -1
RES: Mag -1, Spd -1, Res -3

To answer your question, I am doing +Str/-Def. +4 Str, +2 Skl, -1 Lck, -1 Def, -1 Res.
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#18fahademonPosted 1/21/2013 4:33:14 AM
Asset:Str,Flaw:Res.
That would mean...+4 Str,+2 Skl,+2 Def,-1 Mag,-1 Spd,-3 Res?
---
FC and FT list in profile...
There will come a day when I shoot myself in the head for saying this.
#19BMSiriusPosted 1/21/2013 4:40:04 AM
fahademon posted...
Asset:Str,Flaw:Res.
That would mean...+4 Str,+2 Skl,+2 Def,-1 Mag,-1 Spd,-3 Res?

Yessir.
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#20ZendaikPosted 1/21/2013 4:47:51 AM
BMSirius posted...
I try and post this in every topic that addresses this subject...

BEST:
HP: Str +1, Mag +1, Lck +2, Def +2, Res +2
STR: Str +4, Skl +2, Def +2
MAG: Mag +4, Spd +2, Res +2
SKL: Str +2, Skl +4, Def +2
SPD: Skl +2, Spd +4, Lck +2
LCK: Str +2, Mag +2, Lck +4
DEF: Lck +2, Def +4, Res +2
RES: Mag +2, Spd +2, Res +4

WORST:
HP: Str -1, Mag -1, Lck -1, Def -1, Res -1
STR: Str -3, Skl -1, Def -1
MAG: Mag -3, Spd -1, Res -1
SKL: Str -1, Skl -3, Def -1
SPD: Skl -1, Spd -3, Lck -1
LCK: Str -1, Mag -1, Lck -3
DEF: Lck -1, Def -3, Res -1
RES: Mag -1, Spd -1, Res -3

To answer your question, I am doing +Str/-Def. +4 Str, +2 Skl, -1 Lck, -1 Def, -1 Res.

Would you consider +Str/-Def over something balanced like +Res/-Luck?
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos