Updated Marriage, Children, and Inheritance FAQ v2

#11BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:31:24 PMmessage detail
azn_boy150 posted...
BMSirius posted...
SlashReturns posted...
Requested sticky...again >_>

BM to the rescue....again <_<

*cough* My apologies. What I did was so unbelievably stupid. Thank you for your support in requesting sticky for the new topic as well!

Also, I DID add in the "Chrom can marry a generic village girl" thing, but I'll add the support priority too.

Did you add the second part?

Just now, yep!
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#12azn_boy150Posted 1/21/2013 11:38:00 PMmessage detail
Maybe it'll be a good idea to add how Chrom can marry Olivia without being able to raise his Support level with her.

In case you don't know how...

First, you need to make sure that Chrom gets no Support points with any of his other marriage options. That mean he can't Pair Up and use Dual Attacks/Guards with them, so keep him separated from them. Then, in Chapter 11, you need Chrom and Olivia to Pair Up and/or initiate Dual Attacks/Guards to amass as many Support points as possible. Despite not having an actual Support level, they have Support points. If Chrom has more Support points with Olivia than the other Marriage options, they'll get married by the end of Chapter 11.
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
PSN:azn_boy150
#13BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:43:35 PMmessage detail
azn_boy150 posted...
Maybe it'll be a good idea to add how Chrom can marry Olivia without being able to raise his Support level with her.

In case you don't know how...

First, you need to make sure that Chrom gets no Support points with any of his other marriage options. That mean he can't Pair Up and use Dual Attacks/Guards with them, so keep him separated from them. Then, in Chapter 11, you need Chrom and Olivia to Pair Up and/or initiate Dual Attacks/Guards to amass as many Support points as possible. Despite not having an actual Support level, they have Support points. If Chrom has more Support points with Olivia than the other Marriage options, they'll get married by the end of Chapter 11.

*nods* Yeah I did know, in fact I was just telling my friend that the other day because he wants Olivia as Chrom's partner. I should add it to the guide, too, while I can still edit this post.

... There. Done. It's edited in.
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#14Fimbulvetr17Posted 1/21/2013 11:44:05 PMmessage detail
This is good information and all, but it gives me a headache just looking at masses of text. I suggest spacing somethings apart, because it looks quite jumbled up imo. Pretty nice FAQ though.
#15BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:56:03 PMmessage detail(edited)
Fimbulvetr17 posted...
This is good information and all, but it gives me a headache just looking at masses of text. I suggest spacing somethings apart, because it looks quite jumbled up imo. Pretty nice FAQ though.

It looks a lot better in the .txt document I copied it from. Here, let me try a couple of things.

EDIT: Just added some spaces and formatting to the introductory segments. Trying to figure out how to make the actual mother/father entries more attractive...
---
#16BobTDonutPosted 1/21/2013 11:58:54 PMmessage detail

Why would you request this as a sticky instead of just formatting it into an actual FAQ and submitting it?
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/lPu0J.gif
#17Fimbulvetr17Posted 1/22/2013 12:00:52 AMmessage detail
BMSirius posted...
Fimbulvetr17 posted...

It looks a lot better in the .txt document I copied it from. Here, let me try a couple of things.

EDIT: Just added some spaces and formatting to the introductory segments. Trying to figure out how to make the actual mother/father entries more attractive...

Oh, thank you. Yes, it looks better now. And uh, is there a mention of hair color yet? I didn't catch that part of inheritance yet...
#18SlashReturnsPosted 1/22/2013 12:06:49 AMmessage detail
BobTDonut posted...

Why would you request this as a sticky instead of just formatting it into an actual FAQ and submitting it?

Because 1) BM worked on it, and will submit it if they want. 2) More people come to a board and just ask a question so it's more likely people will see it here.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2466-1384-6130
#19BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:13:51 AMmessage detail(edited)
Fimbulvetr17 posted...
BMSirius posted...
Fimbulvetr17 posted...

Oh, thank you. Yes, it looks better now. And uh, is there a mention of hair color yet? I didn't catch that part of inheritance yet...

I spaced out all of the mother/father entries to be more attractive and readable, AND I put a hair color inheritance entry in (check the third post). Am I a nice guy, or what? lol
---
#20azn_boy150Posted 1/22/2013 12:13:48 AMmessage detail
The width of your paragraphs are odd. It may have looked normal in your original text document, but it looks awkward here. Mess around with the backspace and enter buttons to change it. If you want, I can do it for you.

Also, bolded text can make it look more aesthetically pleasing.
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
PSN:azn_boy150