Updated Marriage, Children, and Inheritance FAQ v2

#21azn_boy150Posted 1/21/2013 11:14:53 PMmessage detail(edited)
Wait, so THIS got Stickied but the other FAQ didn't?!
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
PSN:azn_boy150
#22BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:17:47 PMmessage detail(edited)
azn_boy150 posted...
The width of your paragraphs are odd. It may have looked normal in your original text document, but it looks awkward here. Mess around with the backspace and enter buttons to change it. If you want, I can do it for you.

Also, bolded text can make it look more aesthetically pleasing.

The spacing is due to intentionally-placed manual paragraphing (Enter key). This is because I have my Notepad designed in a way to make my information easily meet the requirements to be a GameFAQs FAQ (79 space limit, no word wrap). It's not that I'm arrogant enough to assume that everything I write will be an FAQ, it's just a habit I picked up from writing for Final Fantasy XIII-2.

If you would like to contribute via spacing, bolding, and other attractiveness issues, I would happily accept your help. After we get some more reviews from the board about the content and what to add, I can post a v3.

EDIT: HOL-EE CRAP this got stickied?! Okay, first off, PLEASE don't be mad at me. It's not my fault that for whatever reason they prioritized this over Kirby's FAQ. I am a staunch supporter of that FAQ and think it needs to be stickied for sure.

But... I can be happy, right? Yay!
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#23SlashReturnsPosted 1/21/2013 11:17:23 PMmessage detail
w00 got stickied!
---
3DS Friend Code: 2466-1384-6130
#24azn_boy150Posted 1/21/2013 11:20:02 PMmessage detail
BMSirius posted...
azn_boy150 posted...
The width of your paragraphs are odd. It may have looked normal in your original text document, but it looks awkward here. Mess around with the backspace and enter buttons to change it. If you want, I can do it for you.

Also, bolded text can make it look more aesthetically pleasing.

The spacing is due to intentionally-placed manual paragraphing (Enter key). This is because I have my Notepad designed in a way to make my information easily meet the requirements to be a GameFAQs FAQ (79 space limit, no word wrap). It's not that I'm arrogant enough to assume that everything I write will be an FAQ, it's just a habit I picked up from writing for Final Fantasy XIII-2.

If you would like to contribute via spacing, bolding, and other attractiveness issues, I would happily accept your help. After we get some more reviews from the board about the content and what to add, I can post a v3.

EDIT: HOL-EE CRAP this got stickied?! Okay, first off, PLEASE don't be mad at me. It's not my fault that for whatever reason they prioritized this over Kirby's FAQ. I am a staunch supporter of that FAQ and think it needs to be stickied for sure.

But... I can be happy, right? Yay!

A third version? Can you even delete this topic? Will the new one even get Stickied?
---
#25RethalwolfPosted 1/21/2013 11:27:34 PMmessage detail
This got stickied first..?
Jesus. >_>
Hope azn's does soon.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#26azn_boy150Posted 1/21/2013 11:29:07 PMmessage detail
Rethalwolf posted...
This got stickied first..?
Jesus. >_>
Hope azn's does soon.

Mine? Why mine? You should be requesting for RedMageKirby's FAQ.
---
#27BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:30:37 PMmessage detail
Okay, update.

1. I had the time to correct all of my spacing. I believe that my hour of editing time is almost up, locking the FAQ as-is, but I believe it is much more attractive now.

2. When I was talking about collaborating with you about the third version, I was not aware at the time that this topic was stickied. I believe it is probably best to leave it as-is, ~BUT~ there is a system in place on GameFAQs for removing old/outdated stickies if a new, better post with the same content comes along. If we really needed a third version, we can do that.

3. @Rethal: Actually it's RedMageKirby's guide, which both azn and I are supporters of. Although if I didn't know any better, I'd feel bad that everybody seems disappointed that my post got stickied :P
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#28azn_boy150Posted 1/21/2013 11:32:49 PMmessage detail
BMSirius posted...
3. @Rethal: Actually it's RedMageKirby's guide, which both azn and I are supporters of. Although if I didn't know any better, I'd feel bad that everybody seems disappointed that my post got stickied :P

He's referring to one of my previous attempts at making an FAQ.
---
#29azn_boy150Posted 1/21/2013 11:34:09 PMmessage detail
Yup, that's what I meant about the spacing. Good job.

If you ever need some character builds for this topic, you know who to ask.
---
#30BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:38:29 PMmessage detail
azn_boy150 posted...
Yup, that's what I meant about the spacing. Good job.

If you ever need some character builds for this topic, you know who to ask.

Thank you. I appreciate all of your help. :D

While I have you here, what do you think about Astra as a whole? In another topic I came to think that Astra might be really cool on a Sorcerer, but then I noticed that while it is Skill/2, Vengeance is Skill*2, making it four times more likely to activate. If there was only one slot for a Skill% skill, would you say Vengeance is better?
---