Updated Marriage, Children, and Inheritance FAQ v2

#31RethalwolfPosted 1/22/2013 12:41:31 AMmessage detail
Sorry lol I'm really bad about paying attention to names.
I just remember your name sticking out and was like "eh, must be his guide."
Sorry RedMageKirby. You hold a place in my heart too.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#32azn_boy150Posted 1/22/2013 12:47:11 AMmessage detail
BMSirius posted...
azn_boy150 posted...
Yup, that's what I meant about the spacing. Good job.

If you ever need some character builds for this topic, you know who to ask.

Thank you. I appreciate all of your help. :D

While I have you here, what do you think about Astra as a whole? In another topic I came to think that Astra might be really cool on a Sorcerer, but then I noticed that while it is Skill/2, Vengeance is Skill*2, making it four times more likely to activate. If there was only one slot for a Skill% skill, would you say Vengeance is better?

Depends on who the character it is.
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
PSN:azn_boy150
#33BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:56:36 AMmessage detail
azn_boy150 posted...
BMSirius posted...
azn_boy150 posted...

While I have you here, what do you think about Astra as a whole? In another topic I came to think that Astra might be really cool on a Sorcerer, but then I noticed that while it is Skill/2, Vengeance is Skill*2, making it four times more likely to activate. If there was only one slot for a Skill% skill, would you say Vengeance is better?

Well, the topic was about Sorcerors. I'd have to make some build changes of I wanted my super-Sorcerer to have Astra.
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#34azn_boy150Posted 1/22/2013 1:04:12 AMmessage detail
BMSirius posted...
azn_boy150 posted...
BMSirius posted...
azn_boy150 posted...

Well, the topic was about Sorcerors. I'd have to make some build changes of I wanted my super-Sorcerer to have Astra.

Well the default max Skl for Sorcerer is 38. (48 with Limit Breaker) Personally, I don't think its worth using Astra with that, so go with Vengeance.

That said, DLC Celica get's access to Royal Weapon and has great stat modifiers for Sorcerer.
---
#35BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 1:22:43 AMmessage detail
azn_boy150 posted...
Well the default max Skl for Sorcerer is 38. (48 with Limit Breaker) Personally, I don't think its worth using Astra with that, so go with Vengeance.

That said, DLC Celica get's access to Royal Weapon and has great stat modifiers for Sorcerer.

That's really interesting about Celica. I'm looking forward to getting her now.

Just in case you were gonna say "Astra is better", I came up with an alternate plan where I'd have an Astra Sorcerer. Although I agree with you about the Skl values so Astra is no longer a concern, I am actually fairly intrigued by the changes I made. Would you mind comparing these two possibiltiies with each other and giving me your opinion? I'm torn.

POSSIBILITY 1:
Tiamo(Ch7,Pegasus Knight)+Ricken(Ch5,Mage)->Selena(F) - Ch7
Mercenary, Pegasus Knight, Dark Mage, Cavalier, Archer, Mage
Str +1, Mag +2, Skl +3, Spd +3, Lck +1, Def +0, Res +0
*Inherit whatever
*Access to Weapon Saver, Lightning Speed, Lance Expert, Speed Cry, Bow Expert,
Magic Expert, Sorcerer class
*LOGIC: Created to be a game-breaking unit; Sorcerer with Lightning Speed,
Magic Expert, and Weapon Saver with Nosferatu/Aversa's Darkness.
However, her modifiers and class options are excellent for any
purpose.
*Sorcerer-Limit Breaker/Lightning Speed/Weapon Saver/Magic Expert/Vengeance

Olivia(Ch11,Dancer)+Virion(Ch1,Archer)->Azure(M) - Ch11
Mercenary, Myrmidon, Barbarian, Archer, Dracoknight, Mage
Str +1, Mag +1, Skl +4, Spd +4, Lck +0, Def -2, Res +0
*Inherit Lightning Speed from Olivia, whatever from Viole
*Access to Weapon Saver, Sword Expert, Axe Expert, Strength Cry, Bow Expert,
Magic Expert
*LOGIC: A variable unit with high speed and accuracy and access to a wide
variety of physical classes and Expert skills
*Hero-Sword Expert/Axe Expert/Lightning Speed/Limit Breaker/(Filler)

Miriel(Ch2,Mage)+Libera(Ch9,Battle Monk)->Loran(M) - Ch9
Mage, Barbarian, Dark Mage, Priest
Str +1, Mag +5, Skl +3, Spd +2, Def -1, Res +2
*Inherit Troubadour/Valkyrie skill from Miriel (Dual Support+? Secluded Lady?),
whatever from Loran
*Access to Magic Expert, Axe Expert, Strength Cry
*LOGIC: Despite overlapping class inheritance, a unit with strong Magic and
good stats otherwise.

POSSIBILITY 2:
Olivia+Libera->Azure(M)
Mercenary, Myrmidon, Barbarian, Priest, Mage, Dark Mage
Str +1, Mag +2, Skl +3, Spd +2, Res +1
*Inherit Lightning Speed from Olivia, whatever from Libera
*Access to Weapon Saver, Axe Expert, Strength Cry, Magic Expert
*LOGIC: Designed to be the well-known game-breaking super-Sorcerer. However,
with no negatives, he can be anything.
Sorcerer - Lightning Speed/Weapon Saver/Magic Expert/Limit Breaker/Vengeance or
Astra

Tiamo+Viole->Selena(F)
Mercenary, Pegasus Knight, Dark Mage, Archer, Dracoknight, Mage
Str +2, Mag +0, Skl +5, Spd +5, Lck -1, Def -1, Res +0
*Inherit whatever
*Access to Weapon Saver, Lightning Speed, Lance Expert, Speedy Cry,
*LOGIC: A unit with a lot of class variety, good for any speedy attackers.
Build unplanned

Miriel+Ricken->Loran(M)
Mage, Barbarian, Dark Mage, Cavalier, Archer
Mag +6, Skl +2, Spd +2, Lck +2, Def -2, Res +1
*Inherit Troubadour/Valkyrie/Battle Cleric skill from Miriel, whatever from
Ricken
*Access to Magic Expert, Axe Expert, Strength Cry, Bow Expert
*LOGIC: The highest Mag possible without using the Avatar, although limited
in options.
Build unplanned

Note that I didn't bother to create builds yet, I wanted your thoughts first.

Thanks again.
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#36azn_boy150Posted 1/22/2013 1:43:10 AMmessage detail
So basically, compare some of the builds I recommended in one of your previous topics to new marriage set ups of your idea?

Olivia+Libera->Azure(M)
Mercenary, Myrmidon, Barbarian, Priest, Mage, Dark Mage
Str +1, Mag +2, Skl +3, Spd +2, Res +1
*Inherit Lightning Speed from Olivia, whatever from Libera
*Access to Weapon Saver, Axe Expert, Strength Cry, Magic Expert
*LOGIC: Designed to be the well-known game-breaking super-Sorcerer. However,
with no negatives, he can be anything.
Sorcerer - Lightning Speed/Weapon Saver/Magic Expert/Limit Breaker/Vengeance or
Astra

Tiamo+Viole->Selena(F)
Mercenary, Pegasus Knight, Dark Mage, Archer, Dracoknight, Mage
Str +2, Mag +0, Skl +5, Spd +5, Lck -1, Def -1, Res +0
*Inherit whatever
*Access to Weapon Saver, Lightning Speed, Lance Expert, Speedy Cry,
*LOGIC: A unit with a lot of class variety, good for any speedy attackers.

Miriel+Ricken->Loran(M)
Mage, Barbarian, Dark Mage, Cavalier, Archer
Mag +6, Skl +2, Spd +2, Lck +2, Def -2, Res +1
*Inherit Troubadour/Valkyrie/Battle Cleric skill from Miriel, whatever from
Ricken
*Access to Magic Expert, Axe Expert, Strength Cry, Bow Expert
*LOGIC: The highest Mag possible without using the Avatar, although limited
in options.

Well none of these are bad.

Viole!Selena will make a solid Hero. Also, having no magical hindrance, she can still make use of her Sorcerer class.

Ricken!Loran has good stats and no real changes from Libera!Loran.

Libera!Azure is basically replacing Ricken!Selena but with a little less Spd.

Either of the two possibilities are fine and it's really just up to personal opinion.
---
#37BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 2:05:07 AMmessage detail
Yeah, these are the "bottom of the barrel" characters from our former discussion, the last people I planned after pairing off some of the easier choices.

I could go on about the tiny number changes, but I think I just noticed something that bums me out pretty bad: in Possibility 2, Selena would make a great Hero but has neither Sword nor Axe Expert. That makes me very sad. Wait, how are Falcon Knights? That could make use of Lance Expert as well as the Speed and Skill. And my Morgan would be an AMAZING Hero...

All in all I'm pretty torn from the choices. To me, it feels like the new options have pairings that I like aesthetically (Tiamo x Virion is a sexy couple, and Miriel, Ricken, and Loran can be the stupid wizard hat family) as well as nice extreme stats (+5 Skl/Spd on Selena, +6 Mag on Loran) but a lot of small hits to evasive/defensive stats around the board.

BTW, I recognize that this discussion may be SLIGHTLY inappropriate for the sticky topic, but I figure any talks about builds and marriages can help other people decide, no?
---
#38azn_boy150Posted 1/22/2013 2:11:49 AMmessage detail
BMSirius posted...
Yeah, these are the "bottom of the barrel" characters from our former discussion, the last people I planned after pairing off some of the easier choices.

I could go on about the tiny number changes, but I think I just noticed something that bums me out pretty bad: in Possibility 2, Selena would make a great Hero but has neither Sword nor Axe Expert. That makes me very sad. Wait, how are Falcon Knights? That could make use of Lance Expert as well as the Speed and Skill. And my Morgan would be an AMAZING Hero...

All in all I'm pretty torn from the choices. To me, it feels like the new options have pairings that I like aesthetically (Tiamo x Virion is a sexy couple, and Miriel, Ricken, and Loran can be the stupid wizard hat family) as well as nice extreme stats (+5 Skl/Spd on Selena, +6 Mag on Loran) but a lot of small hits to evasive/defensive stats around the board.

BTW, I recognize that this discussion may be SLIGHTLY inappropriate for the sticky topic, but I figure any talks about builds and marriages can help other people decide, no?

I personally don't like Falcon Knights because of their ridiculous 38 Str cap.

If you have problems about talking about character builds here, send me a private message. I've helped xGreekAcex714 the same way.
---
#39BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 2:23:51 AMmessage detail
azn_boy150 posted...
BMSirius posted...

If you have problems about talking about character builds here, send me a private message. I've helped xGreekAcex714 the same way.

I don't if you don't. I do appreciate the offer though. Do you prefer PMs? Just let me know.

I would be slightly happier with Possibility 2 but ONLY if I could figure out something cool to do with Virion!Selena. The lack of relevant Expert skills pains me. I can see the following interesting skills (although I might be underestimating certain other skills):

Lightning Speed, Limit Breaker, Sol, Vengeance, Lethality, Weapon Saver, Axe Slayer, Sword Slayer, Lance Slayer

But you can give it to me straight. If Virion!Selena's just not going to be as good as Virion!Azure because of the lack of Expert skills, I can take it.
---
#40azn_boy150Posted 1/22/2013 2:34:41 AMmessage detail
BMSirius posted...
azn_boy150 posted...
BMSirius posted...

I don't if you don't. I do appreciate the offer though. Do you prefer PMs? Just let me know.

I would be slightly happier with Possibility 2 but ONLY if I could figure out something cool to do with Virion!Selena. The lack of relevant Expert skills pains me. I can see the following interesting skills (although I might be underestimating certain other skills):

Lightning Speed, Limit Breaker, Sol, Vengeance, Lethality, Weapon Saver, Axe Slayer, Sword Slayer, Lance Slayer

But you can give it to me straight. If Virion!Selena's just not going to be as good as Virion!Azure because of the lack of Expert skills, I can take it.

Virion!Selena still has hope.

Dragonmaster-Limit Breaker, Lightning Speed, Iote's Shield, Lance Expert, Vengeance

Let's continue this tomorrow. Need sleep.
---