Fire Emblem: Awakening General Information and FAQ Topic v2

#41Tehmoosey1Posted 1/24/2013 10:51:15 AM
I'm still fairly certain that there is no such thing as marriage priority.
---
Oh wait, I get it... This is a joke. And when I put my boot through your face, that's the punch line.
#42RedMageKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:13:19 PM
Tehmoosey1 posted...

You mean with Chrom? Because the priority with him been shown to be how it works since pretty much as soon as it came out. I'm not sure what there is to doubt about it.
---
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#43BMSiriusPosted 1/24/2013 12:57:31 PM
Tehmoosey1 posted...

I don't see any reason to doubt its existance. It only matters for Chrom anyway. The game needs a way to choose between two girls with perfectly equal support levels, does it not?
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#44LaoniPosted 1/25/2013 10:16:21 PM
Oh, and this is something I want to clarify, as it's not clear in the FAQ, and people seem to be confused about it.

As a Male Avatar, if you marry a girl who has a child, then the children will take the hair colour of the character they're not tied to.

For example, using Shadowofchaos' playthrough from Youtube. He married Olivia, and had Morgan (F) and Azure. Morgan (F) had pink hair, the colour from Olivia while Azure had brown/black hair, inherited from his Avatar.

Or more simply, if a Male Avatar marries a girl who has another child, her child will take Avatar's hair colour, and Morgan will take her mother's hair colour.

Video of the example above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxhoopdpoVU

7:50 to see his Azure with Black hair, 7:52 to see his Avatar to confirm hair colour, and 9:36 to see Morgan (F) with pink hair, Olivia's hair colour
---
Now I have this image of Sora's heart being a magical hospital. - Hikaru_Irving
#45RedMageKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:06:30 AM
Laoni posted...
Oh, and this is something I want to clarify, as it's not clear in the FAQ, and people seem to be confused about it.

As a Male Avatar, if you marry a girl who has a child, then the children will take the hair colour of the character they're not tied to.

For example, using Shadowofchaos' playthrough from Youtube. He married Olivia, and had Morgan (F) and Azure. Morgan (F) had pink hair, the colour from Olivia while Azure had brown/black hair, inherited from his Avatar.

Or more simply, if a Male Avatar marries a girl who has another child, her child will take Avatar's hair colour, and Morgan will take her mother's hair colour.

Video of the example above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxhoopdpoVU

7:50 to see his Azure with Black hair, 7:52 to see his Avatar to confirm hair colour, and 9:36 to see Morgan (F) with pink hair, Olivia's hair colour

Oh wow, I'd seen people saying that both of Avatar's kids got their hair colours from the mother and had no idea where people were getting it. In my head, it was totally clear (Avatar's kid is Morgan, whereas for example Sully's kid is Degel, but if those two married Avaar's kid wouldn't be Degel, if that makes sense) but now that you've pointed it out I totally can see it being interpreted that way. I was just trying to avoid name spoilers by wording it the way I did.
---
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#46MAtt5TERPosted 1/26/2013 12:05:07 PM
How quickly does level ups happen in respect to chapter, pacing, and practically?
People talk about passing Promoted Level 15 skills to children. But in most FE games, it's almost the final chapter when your characters reach Promoted Level 15. So if you want the best children, you don't get them until almost final chapter?

Also due to basically unlimited level ups, there's no reason to wait until level 20 to promote, is there?
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#47VoidtemplarPosted 1/26/2013 7:56:29 PM(edited)
I think it's feasible to get to ~10/15 around the time the children start arriving depending on the size of your team, how you manage exp, and how much you rush through chapters. It's easier for the Avatar because his Veteran ability gives 1.5x exp when the active unit in Pair Up.

In addition, the mininum exp for kills is 8 exp (12 with Veteran), making it easier for promoted units to gain levels compared to previous FEs. You can always delay getting the children slightly or do a skirmish or 2.

Along the same lines, it's probably a good idea to write up something here in this FAQ about calculating internal levels and how Master Seals/Second Seals work?

I suppose I can track down the exact posts sometime, or someone else who's sure can verify, but I think it's just using a Second Seal to reclass adds 1/2x your displayed level to internal levels. Being promoted adds 20 to your displayed level. Maximum internal levels are 20/30/50 for NM/HM/LM.
---
This sentence contains seven words.
This sentence does not contain seven words.
#48palkia19Posted 1/28/2013 5:57:08 PM
Convenient topic. Well done TC.
---
Arc
B/R 3DS XL FC: 3437-4453-1430
#49guedesbrawlPosted 2/1/2013 6:53:10 PM
um...a little question,just to be on the safe side...

the kids inherit a parent's last skill on their list,not necessarly the 5th skill,right?
i mean,i don't plan on reclassing units,so they will hvae 4 skills tops...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#50RedMageKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:06:44 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
um...a little question,just to be on the safe side...

the kids inherit a parent's last skill on their list,not necessarly the 5th skill,right?
i mean,i don't plan on reclassing units,so they will hvae 4 skills tops...

Yeah, whichever is in the last slot.
---
~RMK~