I just realized that the localization issue is not Nono...

#11CoffeeTeaSegaPosted 1/29/2013 6:18:29 AM
Another issue I have with nono is that she's supposed to be a dragon. She looks like a preteen girl.

http://www.crystalinks.com/dragon.gif

This is a dragon.

http://www.elfwood.com/art/d/r/dragofyre7/eastern_dragon.jpg

This is a dragon

Nono is not a dragon.
---
Hello internet friends.
#12NovaWillPosted 1/29/2013 6:23:49 AM
Lordorc posted...
Flamingace18 posted...
No it's Nono. It's going to be crucified by someone somewhere in the states for sexualizing a woman that looks likes she's 15-16.

Fixed.

The game already implies she's an adult. Nobody complained about Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games, and most of the women there look, and act like, young girls, and they can have kids, and they're E rated...

I personally disagree.

Nono does not look 15, especially in comparisons to Rebecca (15), Nino (14) and Lyn (15). Of course, her actual age is much older, if I remember correctly, so it shouldn't pose much of a problem, nothing a rating change that no one really pays attention to will change, lol.
#13Cheesepower5Posted 1/29/2013 6:32:05 AM
MIssDeviling posted...
Girls liked Edward Cullen. I'm sure guys can handle Tharja.

... I'm sorry, the comparison should never have been made. x_x IGNORE ME.

It's actually a VERY apt comparison, although you could say there's a better plot reason for Tharja's reaction to the the Avatar, since s/he's the avatar of Grima, who the Dark Mages of Plegia worship. Wow, so Fire Emblem... Still a better love story than Twilight, huh?
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
Currently playing: Catherine and Far Cry 3
#14mjfaqsPosted 1/29/2013 6:41:01 AM
Apparently Nintendo didn't care enough to remove the pedophile fanservice from the NA version. I wasn't aware of creepy stalker (yandere) love interests either.
#15CoffeeTeaSegaPosted 1/29/2013 6:45:47 AM
NovaWill posted...
Lordorc posted...
Flamingace18 posted...
No it's Nono. It's going to be crucified by someone somewhere in the states for sexualizing a woman that looks likes she's 15-16.

Fixed.

The game already implies she's an adult. Nobody complained about Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games, and most of the women there look, and act like, young girls, and they can have kids, and they're E rated...

I personally disagree.

Nono does not look 15, especially in comparisons to Rebecca (15), Nino (14) and Lyn (15). Of course, her actual age is much older, if I remember correctly, so it shouldn't pose much of a problem, nothing a rating change that no one really pays attention to will change, lol.

If she's supposed to be much older, couldn't they at least make her look 18? Or cover her up?

I'd never have expected Nintendo of all companies to cater towards pedophiles.
---
Hello internet friends.
#16rhys855Posted 1/29/2013 7:34:35 AM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
Yawn

---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#17Kropis12Posted 1/29/2013 7:39:40 AM
NovaWill posted...
Lordorc posted...
Flamingace18 posted...

Fixed.

I personally disagree.

To be fair, does Lyn look anywhere like 15 to you? I swear, the TA's at my college look younger than her. You could say that most of the teenagers in FE look older than they are. Even in Awakening, finally breaking from the usual Japanese inclination to star highschoolers in everything (and play them for fanservice, something that is a no go here and possibly awkward to anyone over 20), the characters don't look that much older.

The issue is however, that Nono/Nowi is now out of place. When almost everyone else is in their 20s, she is at best in her early teens physically and like 6 mentally. Earlier games sort of doged this by making everybody teens but that no longer flies here.

On a side note, Awakening's characters in the crossover ought to be interesting since Chrom is nearly old enough to be a teacher and Lucina would have graduated already.
#18NovaWillPosted 1/29/2013 5:02:46 PM
Kropis12 posted...
NovaWill posted...
Lordorc posted...
Flamingace18 posted...

Fixed.

I personally disagree.

To be fair, does Lyn look anywhere like 15 to you? I swear, the TA's at my college look younger than her. You could say that most of the teenagers in FE look older than they are. Even in Awakening, finally breaking from the usual Japanese inclination to star highschoolers in everything (and play them for fanservice, something that is a no go here and possibly awkward to anyone over 20), the characters don't look that much older.

The issue is however, that Nono/Nowi is now out of place. When almost everyone else is in their 20s, she is at best in her early teens physically and like 6 mentally. Earlier games sort of doged this by making everybody teens but that no longer flies here.

On a side note, Awakening's characters in the crossover ought to be interesting since Chrom is nearly old enough to be a teacher and Lucina would have graduated already.

I really don't mind Nowi being out of place or anything, but I just can't see her in her teens. It's true Lyn does look older than 15, however I think Nino and Rebecca look their age. Though in reality, this may be hard to compare as the artists are different and what they constitute as young are also different. Nowi is probably reminiscent of Tiki who is also young. Interestingly enough, Lissa and Morgan also look pretty young, so people mostly bag on Nowi for the way she dresses.