Would you support a chubby playable character in Fire Emblem?

#101Huff n puff 20Posted 1/29/2013 12:59:12 AM
rhys855 posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
I don't know what crack is going on, but I've benched Zihark immediately every time I've played RD and haven't had any trouble with HARD MODE (before you say -anything-) vs Laguz chapters.
I also use Aran.

And before you say anything stupid, theory means NOTHING before practice. You can make foolish claims on paper all day, but in the end, those numbers (the fabled Stat Averages) are based on the Gambler's Fallacy, and don't mean crap outside of PoR's terribl-- I mean fixed mode. Personal Experience Means Everything, you can have all the supposed data in the world, and it don't mean **** compared to the actual numbers in each individual game.

This is why they are called Averages This unit may turn out slightly better or worse than the average but most of the time it's spot on.

Personal Experience means nothing Your experience isn't going to change how good or bad a unit is.

Um, no, that's where you're -very- wrong. Your "ideas" and "data" mean Nothing. Only the actual numbers in game at that moment matter to how good or bad a unit is. Personal Experience Means Everything, because in the end, only what is actually happening means anything-- it don't matter one lick that "[Insert Character Here]" looks bad on paper-- that's still just theory, which in the end, is worthless compared to [Insert Character Here]'s performance in game.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#102nflchampPosted 1/29/2013 5:02:02 AM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
rhys855 posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
I don't know what crack is going on, but I've benched Zihark immediately every time I've played RD and haven't had any trouble with HARD MODE (before you say -anything-) vs Laguz chapters.
I also use Aran.

And before you say anything stupid, theory means NOTHING before practice. You can make foolish claims on paper all day, but in the end, those numbers (the fabled Stat Averages) are based on the Gambler's Fallacy, and don't mean crap outside of PoR's terribl-- I mean fixed mode. Personal Experience Means Everything, you can have all the supposed data in the world, and it don't mean **** compared to the actual numbers in each individual game.

This is why they are called Averages This unit may turn out slightly better or worse than the average but most of the time it's spot on.

Personal Experience means nothing Your experience isn't going to change how good or bad a unit is.

Um, no, that's where you're -very- wrong. Your "ideas" and "data" mean Nothing. Only the actual numbers in game at that moment matter to how good or bad a unit is. Personal Experience Means Everything, because in the end, only what is actually happening means anything-- it don't matter one lick that "[Insert Character Here]" looks bad on paper-- that's still just theory, which in the end, is worthless compared to [Insert Character Here]'s performance in game.

Well sure, personal experience is what matters when playing. A unit can be good or bad in any given playthrough (assuming a growth unit). The problem is that your "good" character may be my "bad" character. If we're discussing said character, especially whether or not they're a good character, what do we go off of? Averages are what the character should be close to, so we can use those as a 'regular' performance. Hence why in discussion averages are important and PEMN.

Also, from a person who likes to use those average stats to discuss characters, beating laguz chapters without Zihark isn't impressive. Those chapters are the biggest strikes against him.
#103braiel91Posted 1/29/2013 5:43:09 AM
as long as they perform better than meg yeah i'd use a chubby character