Would you support a chubby playable character in Fire Emblem?

#21kukingina2Posted 1/25/2013 5:10:18 PM
rhys855 posted...
keybladeLord125 posted...
I still don't understand the Meg hate. Sure, she isn't your conventional knight/general, and you need to baby her a little, but she's still a great unit.

Babying and great unit don't belong in the same sentence.

especially on radiant dawn where theres more than 50+ units and all of them turn out better than her without any babying at all
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#22rhys855Posted 1/25/2013 5:12:53 PM
BlueSophia posted...
Meg's best asset is her potential and she has the most of it amongst the dawn brigade. The problem is that she comes at such an inopportune moment that you just end up not giving a crap. if she had grown to be a Marshall, she would be one of the strongest in the game. The biggest leap is that gap. If you are willing to sacrifice most of the Dawn Brigade for her, go ahead (I would actually recommend it in the long run since they are ALL horrible units).

Nolan and Volug are the only worth while characters to train from the DB Everyone else is to much feeding.
---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#23keybladeLord125Posted 1/25/2013 5:13:45 PM
rhys855 posted...
I still don't understand the Meg hate. Sure, she isn't your conventional knight/general, and you need to baby her a little, but she's still a great unit.

Minimal effort is needed to get Meg's level up to around the same as the rest of the Dawn Brigade at that point in the game. After that, she's able to hold her own.
---
If you notice this notice, then you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing =)
#24rhys855Posted 1/25/2013 5:14:42 PM
kukingina2 posted...
rhys855 posted...

especially on radiant dawn where theres more than 50+ units and all of them turn out better than her without any babying at all

Yup Tibarn Stomps -__-
---
#25FlyingDeCowPosted 1/25/2013 5:14:57 PM
rhys855 posted...
BlueSophia posted...
Meg's best asset is her potential and she has the most of it amongst the dawn brigade. The problem is that she comes at such an inopportune moment that you just end up not giving a crap. if she had grown to be a Marshall, she would be one of the strongest in the game. The biggest leap is that gap. If you are willing to sacrifice most of the Dawn Brigade for her, go ahead (I would actually recommend it in the long run since they are ALL horrible units).

Nolan and Volug are the only worth while characters to train from the DB Everyone else is to much feeding.

What about Edward? He is arguably the strongest swordmaster in the game.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#26TankToastPosted 1/25/2013 5:16:30 PM
A solid character design doesn't depend on their physical frame alone. So long as it all gelled well I wouldn't care. It would be kinda weird for certain physical units to be chubby at all though. Active soldiers likely wouldn't be fluffy. I could see some more stocky characters though.
Nothing wrong with size zero either.
#27tcaz2Posted 1/25/2013 5:17:15 PM
People in general vastly overrate how much effort it takes to 'baby' a unit.

Oh no you have to set up kills for someone for one chapter, how horrible
---
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2664/7b7aaa038007832d461b28c.jpg
#28rhys855Posted 1/25/2013 5:17:24 PM
rhys855 posted...

Minimal effort is needed to get Meg's level up to around the same as the rest of the Dawn Brigade at that point in the game. After that, she's able to hold her own.

It doesn't matter everyone just looks at as wasting exp that can go to Volug, Nolan, and Zihark. Who already one round everything you don't need her she just slows you down.
---
#29kukingina2Posted 1/25/2013 5:20:22 PM
FlyingDeCow posted...
rhys855 posted...
BlueSophia posted...

not with mia, zihark, stefan or lucia around
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#30rhys855Posted 1/25/2013 5:20:28 PM
FlyingDeCow posted...
rhys855 posted...
BlueSophia posted...

He's far from it. He comes in third after Mia and Zihark.

He starts to low then you get Zihark 5 chapters later does everything Edward wishes he could do only better.
---