Would you support a chubby playable character in Fire Emblem?

#51BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 8:46:13 PM
Oh my. it looks like it's turned into an "is Meg worth levelling" topic. lol
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#52TankToastPosted 1/25/2013 8:48:00 PM
BMSirius posted...
Oh my. it looks like it's turned into an "is Meg worth levelling" topic. lol

Maybe that shows that no one really cares about units being chubby.
#53ArreiPosted 1/25/2013 8:55:28 PM
Wait, no one linked Oliver yet, did they?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080204084356/fireemblem/images/c/cf/Ferd-oliver.jpg

Now there's a full-on obese guy.

About as useless as Meg, but he's pretty damn humorous.
#54coconutarmy1Posted 1/25/2013 8:55:50 PM
There was the chubby guy in the origin fire emblem that fell in love with caeda, and when that didn't work out he went and rebuilt his country. Not derogatory on fat people necessarily, but did get rejected by the girl.

Oliver in fire Emblem Radiant Dawn was very fat and a pervert, but almost likeable in the end in an odd way, despite putting you through pain in the previous game.

Meg and Brom in Pat of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were both fat. Brom was a normal farmer who got drafted in the crimean army, and showed genuine character development from the cowardly prisoner to the protector of the army. His daughter was promised to Zihark, dispite Zihark not knowing, and in the end they can get married.
---
Currently commanding a platoon of coconuts. Slow work, but very fulfilling.
#55MarioFanaticXVPosted 1/25/2013 8:57:38 PM
Aren't about half of the knights chubby? Or maybe that's just their armor...
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#56Sentinel07Posted 1/25/2013 8:57:49 PM
I'll admit that Meg is a bit of a pain in the beginning, but I found out that she's totally worth it if the right amount of effort is put in. By the time I got her to Marshall, no one could even hit her.
#57ArreiPosted 1/25/2013 9:01:18 PM
Sentinel07 posted...
I'll admit that Meg is a bit of a pain in the beginning, but I found out that she's totally worth it if the right amount of effort is put in. By the time I got her to Marshall, no one could even hit her.

Brom and Gatrie turn out the same way, though, and while being much more useful along the way, to boot. Brom can actually fill the usual role of human shield that you use knights for, and Gatrie kills... everything. Just, everything. He doesn't even need BEXP to be sturdy like Brom and fast like Meg.
#58Sentinel07Posted 1/25/2013 9:05:59 PM
Arrei posted...
Sentinel07 posted...

Brom and Gatrie turn out the same way, though, and while being much more useful along the way, to boot. Brom can actually fill the usual role of human shield that you use knights for, and Gatrie kills... everything. Just, everything. He doesn't even need BEXP to be sturdy like Brom and fast like Meg.

I'd say you can't go wrong with any of them. What I did like about Meg though was that, out of the three, only she can wield Alondite, which was huge for me in one of my playthroughs.
#59ArreiPosted 1/25/2013 9:14:27 PM(edited)
So you made the Orange Knight, eh? Yeah, that's the thing about RD, with BEXP's guaranteed 3 skill-ups you can basically take any unit and make them viable. I typically hoarded BEXP for my endgame crew, though, to make them cap everything, so I was one who did not have effort to spare for Meg - not while making sure Micaiah got good levels and keeping Ed and Leo strong enough to actually help out, anyway.

Heh, I remember giving the Alondite to Mist just because no one else could use it, Mia having the Vague Katti and all.

Useful as Gatrie was, I ended up never using him in the tower, though. Nephenee got the Wishblade, and such.
#60lurking222Posted 1/25/2013 9:25:39 PM
I don't mind them but when they are a fat parody (like your example Choji) no thanks. Also I consider Meg a bit more than chubby that might be pushing it.