Would you support a chubby playable character in Fire Emblem?

#71SolidSnakeACPosted 1/25/2013 9:40:38 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...

What makes no f***ing sense is that Brom is a poor farmer with many, many children and he can still keep them all fat and jolly. Does this guy poop gold?

Cheesepower5 posted...
farmer

---
Man, don't even worry. I'm working on a cure for death, so you'll be able to play MGS4 for sure.- Technics420
#72Damien94Posted 1/25/2013 9:44:12 PM
Well, a character capable of battle and fighting just wouldn't be chubby, so it's unrealistic. Just as "women with size 0 waists" are unrealistic, so is a chubby protagonist that can fight constant battles.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#73Iffy_JotterePosted 1/25/2013 9:49:32 PM
Whatevs. If they're good at what they do I'll support them.
---
"The wages of sin is death... but the hours are good." ---Psycrow, Earthworm Jim cartoon
#74TankToastPosted 1/25/2013 10:00:44 PM
Damien94 posted...
Well, a character capable of battle and fighting just wouldn't be chubby, so it's unrealistic. Just as "women with size 0 waists" are unrealistic, so is a chubby protagonist that can fight constant battles.

Size 0 ladies aren't real? : (
#75MrHobagsPosted 1/25/2013 10:24:33 PM
TankToast posted...
Damien94 posted...

Size 0 ladies aren't real? : (

Not unless they suffer from a debilitating eating disorder. Size 2 is already considered red alert. I don't see how anyone could be attracted to bone-thin women in this day and age. Didn't Kim Kardashian put an end to that?

On topic: hell no. I want an army of flawless and well-proportioned supermen/women. For that extra dash of realism, the chubsters get benched :0)
#76MrHobagsPosted 1/25/2013 10:29:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#77BobTDonutPosted 1/25/2013 11:15:46 PM
Just like to point something out here. The fact that pre-promote units take up too much experience when base classes don't is a silly argument for two reasons.

1. To get the best stats of a character, you need to get them to level 20 before you decide to promote them (and in this game, level 21 if you don't have a Seal). This means that they need to eat up anywhere up to 19 levels of experience in order to reach that level 20 (21) and become a level 1 promoted unit. Now you have all that experience from those kills... how many kills was that? Attacks you purposely set up for the experience? How many kills could the promoted unit make and how many levels could they have gotten with that experience? Honestly, having your weaker units kill actually eats up MORE experience. Now then on to point 2...

2. The reason you usually have the pre-promotes not soak up experience and let your base guys do it is because they will get better overall stats from leveling than the pre-promotes will when both of them reach 20/20 (or in this game, 20/20/20). Now then, he is the kicker: because of bonus experience, ending stats do not matter. You just need to cap one or two stats early, and boost the rest through bonus experience, and any sort of stat deficiency goes out the window.

Now in any other FE game you would be correct. This one however is different. So the question is, why would you want to use a base class unit over a pre-promote when bonus experience fixes any sort of stat imbalance, the pre-promotes kill things faster, the chapters go smoother, AND they go faster usually resulting in MORE bonus exp at the end?

Even with all this though, if you want an additional challenge or you want to play a certain way, then there is nothing wrong with using base units and watching them grow and such. You just can't argue the fact that you are lowering your efficiency, which is what the tier list is based off of.

And on a side note with Edward vs Zihark, even with Edward having slightly higher average stats, he still doesn't have dat broken Earth affinity.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/lPu0J.gif
#78rhys855Posted 1/26/2013 8:59:45 AM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
I don't know what crack is going on, but I've benched Zihark immediately every time I've played RD and haven't had any trouble with HARD MODE (before you say -anything-) vs Laguz chapters.
I also use Aran.

And before you say anything stupid, theory means NOTHING before practice. You can make foolish claims on paper all day, but in the end, those numbers (the fabled Stat Averages) are based on the Gambler's Fallacy, and don't mean crap outside of PoR's terribl-- I mean fixed mode. Personal Experience Means Everything, you can have all the supposed data in the world, and it don't mean **** compared to the actual numbers in each individual game.

This is why they are called Averages This unit may turn out slightly better or worse than the average but most of the time it's spot on.

Personal Experience means nothing Your experience isn't going to change how good or bad a unit is.
---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#79DemiseEndPosted 1/26/2013 9:29:43 AM
But if PEMN, then i can't defend Marcus for God Tier because my level 8 Marcus has 20 STR, and 15 spe and he makes those pirates into a joke

Too bad, my level 12 Marcus has 23 STR, 20 Ski, and 18 Spe

Yeah it actualy happened during my first time. Safe to say i sucessfully soloed the final chapter for the lulz
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#80NoName999Posted 1/26/2013 9:36:33 AM
keybladeLord125 posted...
I still don't understand the Meg hate. Sure, she isn't your conventional knight/general, and you need to baby her a little, but she's still a great unit.

She was part of a group in which EVERYONE needed babying.
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants