Would you support a chubby playable character in Fire Emblem?

#81Cheesepower5Posted 1/26/2013 10:43:09 AM
SolidSnakeAC posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...

What makes no f***ing sense is that Brom is a poor farmer with many, many children and he can still keep them all fat and jolly. Does this guy poop gold?

Cheesepower5 posted...
farmer

He'd still have to give a tribute of food and gold as taxes, unless Crimea is both a monarchy and some kind of Libertarian wonderland. Most realistic scenario they have just enough to get by on the hard work they all have to do, and have a little bit of fat stored up a lot of the time for when things get desperate. But Brom as obese as he is? During wartime? With taxes at an all time high and the risk of Daeins burning all his crops, Brom should not be that Santa Clause archetype he is.
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
Currently playing: Catherine and Far Cry 3
#82BobTDonutPosted 1/26/2013 11:16:15 AM
But if PEMN, then i can't defend Marcus for God Tier because my level 8 Marcus has 20 STR, and 15 spe and he makes those pirates into a joke

Too bad, my level 12 Marcus has 23 STR, 20 Ski, and 18 Spe

Yeah it actualy happened during my first time. Safe to say i sucessfully soloed the final chapter for the lulz

I'm not entirely sure what this post is trying to accomplish because Marcus is already god tier.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/lPu0J.gif
#83Jstretch19Posted 1/26/2013 11:19:52 AM
I'm all for chubby characters in FE, but I can't say I would support them.
---
You can't handle the Ception.
#84DemiseEndPosted 1/26/2013 11:24:29 AM
BobTDonut posted...
But if PEMN, then i can't defend Marcus for God Tier because my level 8 Marcus has 20 STR, and 15 spe and he makes those pirates into a joke

Yeah it actualy happened during my first time. Safe to say i sucessfully soloed the final chapter for the lulz

I'm not entirely sure what this post is trying to accomplish because Marcus is already god tier.

Fighting stats arguments?
lol
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#85BlueSophiaPosted 1/26/2013 11:45:22 AM
Damien94 posted...
Well, a character capable of battle and fighting just wouldn't be chubby, so it's unrealistic. Just as "women with size 0 waists" are unrealistic, so is a chubby protagonist that can fight constant battles.

Quite the opposite. Chubby folks are more than likely to show up than your average superman. This is due to the diet being maintained. For the average bodybuilder diet, you would be exercising regularly, but your diet is largely stuff that has low fat to protein ratio like lean beef and fish. Basically, no fat.

In the middle ages, this diet does not exist and people ate it all, fat and the like. Forget about the women, the men were no slouches in bodyweight either. Your viewpoint is unrealistic because back then, the dietitian did not exist. In addition, the Olympian figures did not come from work, but nonstop exercise and training. The likelihood of the slim combatready female is a modern concept, not a reality.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#86rhys855Posted 1/26/2013 7:19:18 PM
DemiseEnd posted...

Yes, it happened but it probably won't happen again. That's the point.

PEMN. http://i.imgur.com/ZtEnJW8.jpg
---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#87Damien94Posted 1/27/2013 9:29:45 AM
BlueSophia posted...

Quite the opposite. Chubby folks are more than likely to show up than your average superman. This is due to the diet being maintained. For the average bodybuilder diet, you would be exercising regularly, but your diet is largely stuff that has low fat to protein ratio like lean beef and fish. Basically, no fat.

In the middle ages, this diet does not exist and people ate it all, fat and the like. Forget about the women, the men were no slouches in bodyweight either. Your viewpoint is unrealistic because back then, the dietitian did not exist. In addition, the Olympian figures did not come from work, but nonstop exercise and training. The likelihood of the slim combatready female is a modern concept, not a reality.

1) We're not just talking about females.

2) You're incorrect. You are right that the majority of nobility and privileged people were chubby/over-weight. But they were never the ones doing any of the fighting. And the few that were weren't out of shape. I can't believe that someone would seriously suggest that just because they didn't have atkins, nutrition tags and weight-watchers that soldiers were overweight.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#88Legendary_MusasPosted 1/27/2013 9:34:26 AM
I really can't see a soldier, a person of lower nobility who has little money and is constantly fighting being fat or chubby.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#89Cheesepower5Posted 1/27/2013 9:43:38 AM
Well, don't just take Gamefaqs' word on it, ask a qualified historian or look it up.
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
Currently playing: Catherine and Far Cry 3
#90dark-world-q8Posted 1/27/2013 3:57:22 PM
kukingina2 posted...
well there was this girl in radiant dawn

http://fireemblem.neoseeker.com/w/i/fireemblem/thumb/6/6e/Meg.png/300px-Meg.png

and nobody cared about or used her

personally I could care less as long he/she has decent stats... if he/she was as useless as meg here then she gets forgotten like the dawn brigade

i agree