Gay Marriages?

#1StreetPasWantrPosted 1/25/2013 6:44:52 PM
Will it ever happen? Or are Christians too defensive about it/will cause bad reputation?
---
I hate my name. Pretend it's something really cool until 2023. Hopefully, I'll have a "compelling" reason by then.
#2SazukeEXPosted 1/25/2013 6:46:54 PM
It's due to how some characters have to be recruited that there is no gay marriage.

A shame out gay brothers and sisters aren't allowed to make their yaoi or yuri pairings official.

Also, Japan is far more open, industry wise, to Yaoi and Yuri so it isn't homophobe or religious reasons for why it isn't in. It just goes against one of the main features for Awakening is all.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#3FlyingDeCowPosted 1/25/2013 6:47:27 PM
Fire Emblem is pseudo-medieval. I don't think gay marriage was very common back then.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#4rhys855Posted 1/25/2013 6:48:32 PM
OMG.
---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#5SazukeEXPosted 1/25/2013 6:50:18 PM
FlyingDeCow posted...
Fire Emblem is pseudo-medieval. I don't think gay marriage was very common back then.

We aren't really shown any legit gay couples save Ike x Soren and even that was very well hidden and required you A support them in both games.

Though I will say again that Japan is more open with this stuff. They just didn't want to bother people pairing characters off than being angry when they realize that they just blocked themselves out of certain characters.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#6StreetPasWantr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:50:31 PM
SazukeEX posted...
It's due to how some characters have to be recruited that there is no gay marriage.

A shame out gay brothers and sisters aren't allowed to make their yaoi or yuri pairings official.

Also, Japan is far more open, industry wise, to Yaoi and Yuri so it isn't homophobe or religious reasons for why it isn't in. It just goes against one of the main features for Awakening is all.

Solution: Make only a FEW gay, plus MU/Avatar can PROPOSE (Not always gonna make it) to all characters.

I don't know, I just want my lesbian proposal scene lol.
---
I hate my name. Pretend it's something really cool until 2023. Hopefully, I'll have a "compelling" reason by then.
#7FlyingDeCowPosted 1/25/2013 6:54:08 PM
SazukeEX posted...
FlyingDeCow posted...

We aren't really shown any legit gay couples save Ike x Soren and even that was very well hidden and required you A support them in both games.

Though I will say again that Japan is more open with this stuff. They just didn't want to bother people pairing characters off than being angry when they realize that they just blocked themselves out of certain characters.

Perhaps that's why FE doesn't have many canon relationships. It allows players to ship whoever they want.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#8SazukeEXPosted 1/25/2013 6:55:14 PM
A few is asking for too much since it would still lock you out of a certain batch of characters entirely. It would also be extremely unfair to players that do make their characters gay since they will have nothing to show for it while players that made their character's straight would get all of the benefits of a gay set of characters plus additional characters. Many of which, Morgan/Serena, are pretty game changing.
---
#9StarWarsguy1Posted 1/25/2013 7:13:09 PM
StreetPasWantr posted...
Will it ever happen? Or are Christians too defensive about it/will cause bad reputation?

It probably won't happen in FE if they keep the marriage=child units system, but if they decide to toss it it may happen. Skyrim has gay marriage and it's still very popular.
#10rhys855Posted 1/25/2013 7:15:29 PM
StarWarsguy1 posted...
StreetPasWantr posted...

Skyrim has gay marriage and it's still very popular.

LOL I forgot about that -_-
---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards