Anyone else surprised Chrom can't marry Cordelia?

#1B01tPosted 1/25/2013 7:41:31 PM
All this time, i assumed that it was possible, then i checked and found out it wasn't....
T.T I feel so bad for cordelia now
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
#2Jstretch19Posted 1/25/2013 7:44:56 PM
It's one of the running gags of the FE series. A Pegasus knight who secretly likes the MC or another lord in the story who never tells the Lord how they feel.
---
You can't handle the Ception.
#3B01t(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:48:23 PM
ahh ok. I've played Blazing sword, sacred stones, PoR, RD, but i don't recall said gag. Was it in shadow dragon or light/dark?

aggghhh. Looking at SF, i forgot about Tana in sacred stones... Was there anything in blazing sword?
---
#4Sentinel07Posted 1/25/2013 7:49:55 PM
I'm not sure if it's a running gag, but she's most likely a reference to Catria from Shadow Dragon, as she was also a pegasus knight who had feelings for Marth but never told him.
#5B01t(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:51:05 PM
I always pity such characters....
T.T
---
#6saturn_frogurtPosted 1/25/2013 7:55:30 PM
It's her own fault she can't get together with Chrom.

If she really loved Chrom, she would outright say it instead of making up some "it won't work out" BS. <_<
---
- Swap God for a janitor, rot in a jar of dog paws -
Put a pinch of sage in your boots, and all day long a spicy scent is your reward.
#7KushalaFriendPosted 1/25/2013 8:00:30 PM
She'll go on lovin' someone else, if anything that's the only saving grace of this particular sub-plot, Chrom a sh*t. Also Catria was boring, no other character should follow her stupid pseudo-archetype.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TRbMB.jpg
Typical quest with a Pr0 Hunter
#8EpsteinBarrPosted 1/25/2013 9:05:20 PM
I hate those sub-stories. It always makes me feel bad for the girl. Considering I like Cordelia far better than all of Chrom's other mates, it kinda leaves a sour taste.
#9emagdnEPosted 1/25/2013 9:11:36 PM
I'm not surprised

Chrom's a typical japanese bland main character, Sumia's a typical japanese bland female lead

they belong together

of course Nintendo would make them the "canon" pairing
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#10EpsteinBarrPosted 1/25/2013 9:18:03 PM
emagdnE posted...
I'm not surprised

Chrom's a typical japanese bland main character, Sumia's a typical japanese bland female lead

they belong together

of course Nintendo would make them the "canon" pairing

It's so stupid. The hero never goes for the hot girl. It always has to be the stereotypical submissive character.