Anyone else surprised Chrom can't marry Cordelia?

#21jeffdogworthyPosted 1/25/2013 10:55:03 PM
I wanted my avatar to marry her but it'd feel like i was getting the short end of the stick if she had preferred chrom

blah.
#22EpsteinBarrPosted 1/25/2013 11:01:09 PM
jeffdogworthy posted...
I wanted my avatar to marry her but it'd feel like i was getting the short end of the stick if she had preferred chrom

blah.

But who wouldn't prefer Chrom? Plus you're the avatar that got her over Chrom. That's a win in my book.
#23Lost7thPosted 1/29/2013 3:37:53 PM
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...
EpsteinBarr posted...
emagdnE posted...
I'm not surprised

Chrom's a typical japanese bland main character, Sumia's a typical japanese bland female lead

they belong together

of course Nintendo would make them the "canon" pairing

It's so stupid. The hero never goes for the hot girl. It always has to be the stereotypical submissive character.

*grumble* One of the biggest reasons why I'll never forgive Tales of Legendia's plot........

Hot sword-fighting chick wearing a skin-tight bodysuit? Nope.
Even hotter mage chick with amnesia? Nope.
Obsessive blonde girl who's also your adopted sister and goes on a world-destroying frenzy just because you don't like her the way she likes you? Of course!

Screw you Bamco.....

Chloe is the absolute best. Ever.
---
Dremcast games that still need HD: Power Stone, Shenmue Project Justice, Grandia 2, Skies of Arcadia, PSO
#24SazukeEXPosted 1/29/2013 4:35:50 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
It's one of the running gags of the FE series. A Pegasus knight who secretly likes the MC or another lord in the story who never tells the Lord how they feel.

Vanessa broke that tradition as she can get with her Lord and nearly all her supports involve talking about said Lord and others encouraging her to go confess her feelings for him already.

Tana doesn't really count as she's a Princess. Vanessa fits the Catria role better, only she can get with the man she loves while Catria and Cordelia cannot.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#25OCShoesPosted 1/29/2013 4:41:54 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Jstretch19 posted...
It's one of the running gags of the FE series. A Pegasus knight who secretly likes the MC or another lord in the story who never tells the Lord how they feel.

Vanessa broke that tradition as she can get with her Lord and nearly all her supports involve talking about said Lord and others encouraging her to go confess her feelings for him already.

Tana doesn't really count as she's a Princess. Vanessa fits the Catria role better, only she can get with the man she loves while Catria and Cordelia cannot.

Plus she can also get with Ephraim, can't she?
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#26MIssDevilingPosted 1/29/2013 4:45:00 PM
I was terribly surprised when I first found out. :| I actually saw Cordelia's description first, which said she had a hidden crush on Chrom, so I was like, "YEAH I KNOW WHO TO PAIR CHROM WITH NOW". Then my hopes were crushed when I found out Chrom has terrible taste in women.

... Just kidding. At least he can appreciate Olivia's fine behind.
---
http://keilis.deviantart.com
#27NovaWillPosted 1/29/2013 6:43:39 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
emagdnE posted...
I'm not surprised

Chrom's a typical japanese bland main character, Sumia's a typical japanese bland female lead

they belong together

It's so stupid. The hero never goes for the hot girl. It always has to be the stereotypical submissive character.

That's a silly statement. There are just as many stories where the main characters go after "hot tsunderes" and ignore the passive, quiet girl. Using "always" is completely wrong as they're often or not, around equal. Suzuka, Nisekoi, Kimi no Iru and many more are all examples.
#28ZeldiasPosted 1/29/2013 6:52:44 PM
Lost7th posted...
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...
EpsteinBarr posted...
emagdnE posted...
I'm not surprised

they belong together

*grumble* One of the biggest reasons why I'll never forgive Tales of Legendia's plot........

Hot sword-fighting chick wearing a skin-tight bodysuit? Nope.
Even hotter mage chick with amnesia? Nope.
Obsessive blonde girl who's also your adopted sister and goes on a world-destroying frenzy just because you don't like her the way she likes you? Of course!

Screw you Bamco.....

Chloe is the absolute best. Ever.

Just needed to second this. Chloe is a bad ass.
---
Look! The East is burning red!
#29KeleenRemPosted 1/29/2013 6:53:09 PM
NovaWill posted...
EpsteinBarr posted...
emagdnE posted...
I'm not surprised

they belong together

That's a silly statement. There are just as many stories where the main characters go after "hot tsunderes" and ignore the passive, quiet girl. Using "always" is completely wrong as they're often or not, around equal. Suzuka, Nisekoi, Kimi no Iru and many more are all examples.

That's because Typical Japanese Anime show stories are terrible. They do shell out some genuinely good stories; however, it's no fun trying to find a nice diamond under all that poo.
#30IntegnosPosted 1/29/2013 7:06:45 PM
OCShoes posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Jstretch19 posted...

Plus she can also get with Ephraim, can't she?

Nope.

Also Vanessa doesn't fit the Catria archetype. The archetype is 2 pegasus knights and 1 lord. One of them has a crush on the lord, but the lord ends up with the other. Infact, the devs didn't reuse the Catria angle again until Awakening.