with all the hate for ike x soren how come no one is mad about....

#21IntegnosPosted 1/26/2013 1:00:33 PM(edited)
Tharja x MU's C, B, and A support is foreshadowing. Tharja x feMU cannot become lovers because there is no ending for that pair.

In Path of Radiance, Ike's orientation is ambiguous. Its the first time in the series where the Lord does not end up with a lover. It also breaks the recent Fire Emblem tradition of epilogues for every character. If Ike's story ended here, one could logically make Ike x Elincia a couple. Keyword: If

In Radiant Dawn, epilogues are brought back. There is no Lord class in this game, but any character that is forced into a battle and game overs when they die can fill that role. The "Lords" I recall are Micaiah, Ike, Elincia, and Geoffrey(maybe more, but I forgot). Micaiah has a paired ending with Sothe. Elincia and Geoffrey have a paired ending with each other. Ike's paired endings are all with men.

And if anyone thinks Paris refutes the notion that Ike could be gay, then they have no idea what the word "descendant" means.
#22Wei PhoenixPosted 1/26/2013 2:08:21 PM
Ok, but is that really conclusive evidence to being gay? Just because two men travel together doesn't mean they're gay. Is there anything else? I don't remember the exact scripts so does anyone have links to them? It just doesn't seem right to assume that two men with a strong affinity for one another should automatically be gay. There's no doubt in my mind that Ike loves Soren and vice versa.
---
If faith is what prevents you from fearing death...then I shall sever that faith... from your bodies...
Xbox GT: Wei Phoenix
#23baseball7000Posted 1/26/2013 2:44:41 PM(edited)
And if anyone thinks Paris refutes the notion that Ike could be gay, then they have no idea what the word "descendant" means.

The Japanese version explicitly calls him a direct descendent of the Hero of Blue Flames. He doesn't refute the notion, but he does prove that Ike impregnated a female at some point. <_<
---
I survived the 5/21/11 Rapture and all I got was this sig.
#24B01tPosted 1/26/2013 2:44:32 PM
SazukeEX posted...
In Western Culture lesbians are more accepted than Gay men because the West is still a Male dominated Society and Gay men are seen as weak while a man being with multiple women is seen as strength/power. Even in religion a man having multiple women or women being together isn't seen anywhere near as bad or sinful as two or more men being together.

You must also remember that there are a lot of young boys on this board as well who were raised in a society that demonizes gay men but is more accepting towards lesbians and the oversexualization of women plastered in all media fronts upon a constant basis. Basic math also applies here where if one woman is good than two or more is better, correct?

We're still a long ways before Gay men are anywhere near as accepted as lesbians. Of course much of the Lesbian acceptance is due to the pron industry in the West where it's in far higher demand and shown far more often.

Thus the widespread hate for Ike x Soren despite it being canon.

alright, i agree with EVERYTHING you said, EXCEEEPT for that last line. Asides from you claiming that Ike x Soren is canon, i agree with everything you said.
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
#25Shuo_RagnarokPosted 1/26/2013 2:49:08 PM
B01t posted...
SazukeEX posted...
In Western Culture lesbians are more accepted than Gay men because the West is still a Male dominated Society and Gay men are seen as weak while a man being with multiple women is seen as strength/power. Even in religion a man having multiple women or women being together isn't seen anywhere near as bad or sinful as two or more men being together.

You must also remember that there are a lot of young boys on this board as well who were raised in a society that demonizes gay men but is more accepting towards lesbians and the oversexualization of women plastered in all media fronts upon a constant basis. Basic math also applies here where if one woman is good than two or more is better, correct?

We're still a long ways before Gay men are anywhere near as accepted as lesbians. Of course much of the Lesbian acceptance is due to the pron industry in the West where it's in far higher demand and shown far more often.

Thus the widespread hate for Ike x Soren despite it being canon.

alright, i agree with EVERYTHING you said, EXCEEEPT for that last line. Asides from you claiming that Ike x Soren is canon, i agree with everything you said.

it's not even an agree or disagree subject. It's just flat out false.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#26IntegnosPosted 1/26/2013 2:56:02 PM
Wei Phoenix posted...
Ok, but is that really conclusive evidence to being gay? Just because two men travel together doesn't mean they're gay. Is there anything else? I don't remember the exact scripts so does anyone have links to them? It just doesn't seem right to assume that two men with a strong affinity for one another should automatically be gay. There's no doubt in my mind that Ike loves Soren and vice versa.

There will never be conclusive evidence because its an "all ages" game. Itd have to be "don't ask, don't tell" to prevent being slapped with a "mature" label.

Marth, Arum, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, Hector, and Ephraim do not have a possible ending with another male. Their only possible choices are women. Ike is the only male lord that can end up with another man. He is also the only male lord that cannot end up with a woman. "Don't ask, don't tell".

Personally, I think the pairing is hilarious. But i'm not gonna reject it simply because I think its funny. I'm not THAT closed minded. Theres just too many implications for Ike being gay rather than anything else.

baseball7000 posted...

The Japanese version explicitly calls him a direct descendent of the Hero of Blue Flames. He doesn't refute the notion, but he does prove that Ike impregnated a female at some point. <_<

No, the japanese version calls him a descendant. I've said this before in another thread, but the phrasing is similar to when Marth is called the "descendant of the Hero". The Hero, Anri, never had children, but his sibling did.
#27Hours_LeftPosted 1/26/2013 5:54:42 PM
Integnos posted...
No, the japanese version calls him a descendant. I've said this before in another thread, but the phrasing is similar to when Marth is called the "descendant of the Hero". The Hero, Anri, never had children, but his sibling did.

So many people gloss over this point, but I think it's very important. In my mind, it's far more likely that Paris is the offspring of Mist & Boyd.

Ike has no paired endings with a female characters, only male characters. He runs off with Soren (or Ranulf) at the end. Paris does not have Aether. Nothing is definitely proved either way, but I think it leans far more towards Paris being a collateral descendant of Ike, not a lineal one.

---
Currently Playing: Crimson Shroud (3DS), THE DENPA MEN: They Came By Wave (3DS)
#28CrashGordon94_Posted 1/26/2013 6:11:20 PM
Also, if he wasn't a DIRECT descendant then maybe that would be why he doesn't have Aether.
---
Now on Skype!
#29StarWarsguy1Posted 1/26/2013 7:03:53 PM
The hate for Ike x Soren comes from the fact that a lot of people don't actually believe that the ending and/or dialogue between them implies homosexuality. I don't actually think that it actually springs from any dislike of homosexuality (most of it anyways).
#30B01tPosted 1/26/2013 11:06:02 PM
StarWarsguy1 posted...
The hate for Ike x Soren comes from the fact that a lot of people don't actually believe that the ending and/or dialogue between them implies homosexuality. I don't actually think that it actually springs from any dislike of homosexuality (most of it anyways).

i agree. The issue is that some of the people who believe in ike x soren, then push it off as canon. I couldn't care less if some people felt it was more likely/better, but it's not canon, period. There is absolutely no evidence for it, only guesses. It's very annoying when someone tries to make you think something, especially when it's not provable >.>
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.