Does anyone else hate archers?

#21BLAKUboyPosted 1/26/2013 12:05:47 PM
shinon is a poor man's rolf.

This. Rolf is amazing. I just let Shinon die in my last PoR playthrough. So useless by the time you get him back.
---
Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb. - Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
http://www.youtube.com/user/nuetralkid
#22BlueSophiaPosted 1/26/2013 12:13:22 PM
BLAKUboy posted...
shinon is a poor man's rolf.

This. Rolf is amazing. I just let Shinon die in my last PoR playthrough. So useless by the time you get him back.

You do know that Shinon outperforms Rolf in RD right? In PoR, Rolf had better potential because Shinon was a prepromote.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#23peter_888Posted 1/26/2013 12:21:16 PM
I don't know, I love using them.

Sue
Rebecca
Rolf
Shinion
Brigid
etc.

love using them.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#24lurking222Posted 1/26/2013 12:24:24 PM
I've always used archers, they aren't my favorite units but I guess I still like them. My least favorite are probably Cavaliers I usually end up begrudgingly using one.
#25itachi134Posted 1/26/2013 1:04:22 PM
BlueSophia posted...
You do know that Shinon outperforms Rolf in RD right? In PoR, Rolf had better potential because Shinon was a prepromote.

It doesn't help that he's gone for 3/4 of the game either. By the time you get him back, his only hope to be good is if you baby him with bexp. I admit that I still always use Shinon over Rolf in FE 9 because I like having the stat bonuses in FE 10.
---
Anime is for imbeciles.
#26Scout_TaronPosted 1/26/2013 1:09:56 PM
Yep. Archers are terrible. They may be better now that ranged weapons are nerfed. Before, it was much better just to have a cavalier throw a javelin
#27NobleRoarPosted 1/26/2013 1:24:32 PM
I like them.
---
#NobleCertified
#28WestbrickIIIPosted 1/26/2013 1:32:07 PM
This isn't really a matter of preference -- archers in general are just bad, bad, bad units. The main problem is not being able to attack from one-range, meaning on enemy phase (where the majority of combat happens), an archer is practically useless. Killing fliers and dishing out chip damage is about as much use as most archers tend to get.

Shinon is in a game with one-range bows, which helps him tremendously. Nomads can be pretty good post-promotion.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#29The Fir CoatPosted 1/26/2013 1:32:50 PM
Just looking at the archer class:

Jamka is decent
Brigit is good
Faval is excellent

Klien and Igrene both get HM bonuses and can function.

Rebecca is okay, Louise gets A Pent support and starts with an A rank.

Neimi is good enough, although she should probably go Ranger.

FE10 Shinon is good.

In the lol-reclassing games any promoted unit makes a decent Sniper.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#30LookAnglePosted 1/26/2013 1:34:43 PM
I think Awakening's just further compounded this problem. Mage's and Dark Mage's now generally have solid defence, solid speed and great attack power.

There's really no reason to swap a 1-2 range weapon out for a 2 range weapon.