You have to love how backwards the Fire Emblem series is.

#1FierceDeity1026Posted 1/26/2013 9:05:20 PM
Example 1:
"So you're saying that there's 60 enemies on the field now?"
"That's right."
"Alright, better send 8 units then."
"Only......8? But are you-"
"Don't worry. We got this."

Example 2:
"Okay, so I have been firing weak, puny arrows at this enemy general all day now and only doing 1 damage each turn. Meanwhile, our general with the hammer is over there twiddling his thumbs. What gives?"
"But do you feel stronger now?"
"..........As a matter of fact, I do! Thanks for shoveling experience down my throat, you're a gifted tactician!"

Example 3:
"We have to go into the KAUKU CAVES?!"
"I know! I love that place!"
"Yeah! I- wait, what?"
*90 turns later*
"Um, when can I get off this tile that sends burning rocks crashing into my skull?"
"When Mist and Rhys break all of their staves and Reyson caps every single stat."
"Ugh..."

Example 4:
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2012/04/27/404-and-now-a-fire-emblem-comic/

It's always funny thinking about actual wars being fought the Fire Emblem way. =P
#2RethalwolfPosted 1/26/2013 9:13:13 PM
Well, I think you can actually justify experience (not the flameintheface though), since it's an actual thing. I mean, the more you fire a bow, the stronger you're going to be (and thus the heavier bowstring/further back you will be able to draw, and thus the quicker and more powerful the release of the arrow), the more accurate you're going to be (practice makes perfect), the faster you're going to be (fluidity comes with repetition)... the only things you really can't justify are luck, HP, and defenses increasing until you have a class (and therefore armor/outfit) change.

Still I mostly agree and find it funny too.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#3Sentinel07Posted 1/26/2013 9:15:41 PM
Now that was funny!

I give this topic a 10/10.
#4OCShoesPosted 1/26/2013 9:15:59 PM
FierceDeity1026 posted...

Example 4:
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2012/04/27/404-and-now-a-fire-emblem-comic/

It's always funny thinking about actual wars being fought the Fire Emblem way. =P

Wait, I can't find the comic.
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#5EnjuPosted 1/26/2013 9:20:12 PM
i thought i wouldn't like this topic when reading the title... but yeah it's all true and i especially loved the comic

we all love you seth, now go sit in the background while we get our asses handed to us trying to make everyone else in the game not suck

but i still love you fire emblem <3
---
Check out my Style Savvy: Trendsetters tumbler! http://boysmode.tumblr.com/
#6FierceDeity1026(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:30:42 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
Well, I think you can actually justify experience (not the flameintheface though), since it's an actual thing. I mean, the more you fire a bow, the stronger you're going to be (and thus the heavier bowstring/further back you will be able to draw, and thus the quicker and more powerful the release of the arrow), the more accurate you're going to be (practice makes perfect), the faster you're going to be (fluidity comes with repetition)... the only things you really can't justify are luck, HP, and defenses increasing until you have a class (and therefore armor/outfit) change.

Still I mostly agree and find it funny too.

While that certainly is true, it's funny that they use the middle of a battle for bowstring-tugging practice haha

OCShoes posted...
Wait, I can't find the comic.

Really? It's a Brawl in the Family comic.

Enju posted...
but i still love you fire emblem <3

Same. It's backwards-ness just adds to its charm. <3
#7RethalwolfPosted 1/26/2013 9:36:32 PM
That I'll agree with lol XD
It'd be kinda cool if they put in a training field for your units where you could like pay to do a mission, set up as hard as you want, without the risk of losing units but at decreased rate of gain.
Then they apply their new knowledge on the field!
It'd be great for weaker units.

Still, though, whether they did this or not they'd still be learning at least a little on the field. And just being in battle would certainly help your survivability, making you a more effective unit (guess that's luck and HP, or at least HP..)
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#8silver123456789Posted 1/26/2013 9:42:51 PM
nice you wanna bring real life and logic from our world into a game. wow man thats sik
---
www.chaoscoalition.net
#9RethalwolfPosted 1/26/2013 9:45:54 PM
silver123456789 posted...
nice you wanna bring real life and logic from our world into a game. wow man thats sik

First off, there are plenty of games that are actually supposed to be based on real life scenarios and possibilities. Second, just because this game CAN be justified using real life correlations doesn't mean I'm trying to force it, it just means I keep an eye out for it. -_-
---
#10ArreiPosted 1/26/2013 11:13:28 PM(edited)
You have to wonder what's going through the head of that General from exhibit 2. He can't leave his post or the enemy can capture the castle, but there's this annoying little shrimp with a bow just constantly staying out of his reach and pelting him with arrows that barely even hurt.

Then suddenly, after some levels that same archer just comes back and turns him into a human pincushion with his new stats.