Unless FE4 Wrath is common, Nihil should NEVER come back to the series.

#1Huff n puff 20Posted 1/26/2013 8:12:00 PM
At least not to the player's hands. The enemies getting Nihil/Nihil clones is cool though.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#2Sentinel07Posted 1/26/2013 8:16:40 PM
That's fine, as long as the enemies don't get a skill like Aurora anymore.
#3rhys855Posted 1/26/2013 8:18:14 PM
Ehh i don't mind Nihil maybe just make it less common.
---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#4OCShoesPosted 1/26/2013 8:19:47 PM
Sentinel07 posted...

---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#5Huff n puff 20(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:29:31 AM
Sentinel07 posted...

No.
Oh look, you have to use your Fortify staff, oh no, so much damage.
Counter's the same thing for range 1 in Awakening, BTW.

Nihil is the dumbest skill ever, unless there's an actual need for it, like in FE4, where Yurius instakills you if you don't have it once he's below 40 HP.
---
#6Arcangel22Posted 1/27/2013 12:51:29 AM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Sentinel07 posted...

No.

Nihil is the dumbest skill ever, unless there's an actual need for it, like in FE4, where Yurius instakills you if you don't have it once he's below 40 HP.

If you ask me, that's still pretty dumb because the people that weren't prepared for it have now permanently lost. I understand it's an SRPG and stuff, but seriously, that's like making a missable Boss Key in a Zelda game that's just out of the way to get when it's accessible. Because there's going to be "that one guy" that just completely doesn't bother to care about extras.

Taking a secondary mechanic and requiring something limited/missable for a primary mechanic of a game is bad game design to me.

And yes to no Aurora, that **** was awful.
---
"We're not gang members. We're not criminals. We're just dudes playing video games." ~ Maximilian
#7Huff n puff 20(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 1:13:05 AM
Arcangel22 posted...

Taking a secondary mechanic and requiring something limited/missable for a primary mechanic of a game is bad game design to me.

In the Yurius case, Nihil isn't missible. (But, it's the one time where Nihil is needed/justified, Wrath was/is a 100% crit rate in FE4. (And yes, RD no Nihil run. Been there, beat that. Yes, BK is a Luck fight. He always has been.))

If you're talking about the Fortify staff, well, your own damn fault for breaking it too early. Same goes for any precious resource in any video game.

I'd say that "Unwinnable by design" is good game design when used properly: Ergo, make it clear that you need to do X before Y, else ye be doomed, or you need A to beat B, etc. When it's properly flagged, well, skip-story-do-things people who don't heed the warnings? They can rot. All of them.

Maedus FE1 was the best final boss ever. Missed the Falchion? GG, you lose. They only hammered you over the head that you must have the Falchion to beat him. Your fault for not paying attention and getting it.
---
#8CrashGordon94_Posted 1/27/2013 4:42:53 AM
No, I like Nihil.
Huff n puff 20 posted...
I'd say that "Unwinnable by design" is good game design when used properly: Ergo, make it clear that you need to do X before Y, else ye be doomed, or you need A to beat B, etc. When it's properly flagged, well, skip-story-do-things people who don't heed the warnings? They can rot. All of them.

Maedus FE1 was the best final boss ever. Missed the Falchion? GG, you lose. They only hammered you over the head that you must have the Falchion to beat him. Your fault for not paying attention and getting it.

And what's good about that? Why is that a good thing?
---
Now on Skype!
#9guedesbrawlPosted 1/27/2013 5:07:34 AM
they never forced me to use it,so whatever.it's optional.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#10rhys855Posted 1/27/2013 5:19:56 AM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Sentinel07 posted...

No.

Nihil is the dumbest skill ever, unless there's an actual need for it, like in FE4, where instakills you if you don't have it once he's below 40 HP.

I"v had Shanan solo Yurius . Without the skill.
---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards