I'm still up in the air about this game...

#1EternalNetherPosted 1/27/2013 2:13:50 PM
I've never played an SRPG in my life (at least not more than ten minutes or so) and I've never considered them my cup of tea. But Fire Emblem seems hugely popular, and I did enjoy the bit I played of the demo, and the fact that I can play through without permadeath to get the hang of things.

But I'm still not sure if I should plunk down the $40 on it. I'd say the biggest deciding factor would be the plot. Without spoiling anything, can someone that understands Japanese tell me if the plot is actually any good? I checked a few reviews on the site here but they all say they can't comment on the story because they don't understand Japanese.
#2kingbriannPosted 1/27/2013 2:15:44 PM
the plot is okay.
the narration and dialogue between the characters is what is huge.

id say you should go buy it. the FE series has always been overshadowed but it is a great game.

if you want to know more about FE, go play sacredstones.
---
3ds XL FC : 1461-7483-3739 l Nintendo Network ID: kingbrian
PSN: kinggbrian
#3TomDangerfieldPosted 1/27/2013 2:18:53 PM(edited)
Why don't you just buy one of the older fire emblem games? If you're still having doubts about this game after playing one, then don't get it. All of the games have pretty much the same story/plot.
---
Black 1 Fc: 2709 0967 8461
#4EstheimasterPosted 1/27/2013 2:23:02 PM
I don't understand Japanese, but from what I've seen the plot is pretty good. I've read all the bios on the FE wiki and it sounds very interesting.

For a more firsthand look, I have read many of the translations of the support conversations. They serve as extra story and are both fun and funny to read. I think they're very well done and each character (and couple) has a specific story that makes you want to unlock it to find more about everyone.

Here are the support conversations translated, so I'd read just one or two if you'd like to get an idea how much depth each character has. Obvious spoilers, depending on whose you read.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?s=801ae50e6963cacecca4a63f7718e8e7&showtopic=32301&st=0&p=1961413&#entry1961413

Here's an example of Sumia and Chrom's that just was revealed in English. This is their B level support, so it's not too spoilerific and is very easy to get ingame.

http://kotaku.com/5978733/this-is-what-romance-looks-like-in-fire-emblem-awakening
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.