The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How do you play the games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. How do you play the games?
3 years ago#1
Topic title. - Results (205 votes)
Always the same way using the same characters.
5.37% (11 votes)
I like to change it a little, but there's admittedly many units I'm too biased to use.
43.41% (89 votes)
I like to change it a little, with only some exceptions I never use.
21.46% (44 votes)
I solo with my healer like a pro.
2.93% (6 votes)
Chicks dig low turncounts.
3.41% (7 votes)
I use everyone and they must all be max level by the end of the game, no exception.
7.32% (15 votes)
Something I missed. (explain in post)
3.9% (8 votes)
I use everyone at least once.
12.2% (25 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I like to use everyone at least once. (as in, for the whole run)
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
3 years ago#2
I only use units who a see value in and are aesthetically pleasing.

i.e. I will not be using Virion because he does not catch my eye and he is an Archer. I did not use Moulder in FE8 because he doesn't look good and he is a Cleric (a class I'm not TOO fond of).
- Taro Tanaka signing out
Black 2 FC: 4170-2789-5384
3 years ago#3
I generally use most of the same units most of the time, but I do tend to change it up every playthrough. I'll also use theme playthroughs now and again, like my current FE12 game is almost exclusively Paladins.
8 more days
3 years ago#4
I try to use everyone at least once. I also try to make sure everyone is at or near the same level, so I have to let the pre-promotes rust for a while.
3 years ago#5
I use everyone evenly, but only in games where you can do so (Sacred Stones, Awakening). Otherwise I just don't play because I dislike being forced to choose my favorites and deal with limited experience.
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
3 years ago#6
"I use everyone and they must all be max level by the end of the game, no exception."

I generally do this :P- Although I usually normal level my main guys, and then I'd use a quick leveling cheat with Action Replay or something to get everyone else up to speed, that way at the end, I have a gallery of KILLING MACHINES(with the exceptions of a few prepromotes, but whatevsies).

Although, I did it legitimately in SS, and I have the feeling I will in this one too.
Its all Greek to me dude. Yiassou
3 years ago#7
So far, I've liked to use everyone and max them all out, barring a few characters here and there that I will NEVER use due to my personal hatred of them. This game will be no exception, I'll use everyone BUT Ricken, Riviera, and Yen'fay.
I am on the quest for teh mighty Cheese Puff! Join me! Number of people who wish to quest with me:42 We have a Castle! We are at the pinnacle of our strength!
3 years ago#8
I typically have a core group of units I like to always use, and then a few outliers I can switch when I feel like doing something different. Like bringing in Ilyana to replace a laguz royal in RD when I already have quite a few magic units just so I can use every SS tome
3 years ago#9
1st playthrough - Use who I like, unless they require heavy grinding,
2nd playthrough onwards (for games with support conversations) - Switch around to unlock as much "A" support conversations as I can in a playthrough.
2nd playthrough (for games without support conversations) - Use whoever is most efficient at clearing the hardest mode... and I usually stop there.
"Cold water sinks and cold water rise" - A classmate, when asked about convention currents.
"Make up your damn mind" - My science teacher.
3 years ago#10
Where's the "I use the units I like"?
I mainly just use a few of a certain class. For example, I don't use too many archers or cavaliers and if I get a new unit I like, I might replace one of my older units.
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! |
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. How do you play the games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived