The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How do you play the games?

#1Is_CorruptedPosted 1/27/2013 7:23:46 PM
Topic title. - Results (205 votes)
Always the same way using the same characters.
5.37% (11 votes)
I like to change it a little, but there's admittedly many units I'm too biased to use.
43.41% (89 votes)
I like to change it a little, with only some exceptions I never use.
21.46% (44 votes)
I solo with my healer like a pro.
2.93% (6 votes)
Chicks dig low turncounts.
3.41% (7 votes)
I use everyone and they must all be max level by the end of the game, no exception.
7.32% (15 votes)
Something I missed. (explain in post)
3.9% (8 votes)
I use everyone at least once.
12.2% (25 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I like to use everyone at least once. (as in, for the whole run)
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#2Taro_TanakaPosted 1/27/2013 7:32:46 PM
I only use units who a see value in and are aesthetically pleasing.

i.e. I will not be using Virion because he does not catch my eye and he is an Archer. I did not use Moulder in FE8 because he doesn't look good and he is a Cleric (a class I'm not TOO fond of).
---
- Taro Tanaka signing out
Black 2 FC: 4170-2789-5384
#3Jstretch19Posted 1/27/2013 7:37:06 PM
I generally use most of the same units most of the time, but I do tend to change it up every playthrough. I'll also use theme playthroughs now and again, like my current FE12 game is almost exclusively Paladins.
---
8 more days
#4FierceDeity1026Posted 1/27/2013 7:44:55 PM
I try to use everyone at least once. I also try to make sure everyone is at or near the same level, so I have to let the pre-promotes rust for a while.
#5BMSiriusPosted 1/27/2013 7:56:32 PM
I use everyone evenly, but only in games where you can do so (Sacred Stones, Awakening). Otherwise I just don't play because I dislike being forced to choose my favorites and deal with limited experience.
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#6xGreekAcex714Posted 1/27/2013 8:00:00 PM
"I use everyone and they must all be max level by the end of the game, no exception."

I generally do this :P- Although I usually normal level my main guys, and then I'd use a quick leveling cheat with Action Replay or something to get everyone else up to speed, that way at the end, I have a gallery of KILLING MACHINES(with the exceptions of a few prepromotes, but whatevsies).

Although, I did it legitimately in SS, and I have the feeling I will in this one too.
---
---
Its all Greek to me dude. Yiassou
#7123pizza2Posted 1/27/2013 8:08:03 PM
So far, I've liked to use everyone and max them all out, barring a few characters here and there that I will NEVER use due to my personal hatred of them. This game will be no exception, I'll use everyone BUT Ricken, Riviera, and Yen'fay.
---
I am on the quest for teh mighty Cheese Puff! Join me! Number of people who wish to quest with me:42 We have a Castle! We are at the pinnacle of our strength!
#8ArreiPosted 1/27/2013 8:16:36 PM
I typically have a core group of units I like to always use, and then a few outliers I can switch when I feel like doing something different. Like bringing in Ilyana to replace a laguz royal in RD when I already have quite a few magic units just so I can use every SS tome
#9Edmond TanPosted 1/27/2013 8:30:43 PM
1st playthrough - Use who I like, unless they require heavy grinding,
2nd playthrough onwards (for games with support conversations) - Switch around to unlock as much "A" support conversations as I can in a playthrough.
2nd playthrough (for games without support conversations) - Use whoever is most efficient at clearing the hardest mode... and I usually stop there.
---
"Cold water sinks and cold water rise" - A classmate, when asked about convention currents.
"Make up your damn mind" - My science teacher.
#10GoldenSun3DSPosted 1/27/2013 9:56:50 PM
Where's the "I use the units I like"?
I mainly just use a few of a certain class. For example, I don't use too many archers or cavaliers and if I get a new unit I like, I might replace one of my older units.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4!
http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/ | http://facebook.com/pages/Operation-Sunrise/371417546251291