How do you play the games?

#11Lylat_CruiserPosted 1/27/2013 9:57:58 PM
With one hand and my stylus
---
The only thing that stops a bad guy with an axe is a good guy with a sword!
#12OCShoesPosted 1/28/2013 12:12:27 AM
I picked solo with healer for the lulz,

but realistically I typically just use a set group. My FE7 team is always Hector, Lyn, Eliwood, Sain, Priscilla, Lucius, Raven, Rebecca, and Dart. Every now and again I'll run one or two different units but that's about it, lol.
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#13ZhiharkPosted 1/28/2013 12:18:18 AM(edited)
Pretty much the second.

Never beaten Sacred Stones without Lute and Joshua. The rest subject to change.

What decides it? Hell if I know, Ross has OHKO'd the last boss on two different playthroughs. Why don't I stick with him always?

Though admittedly I almost solo'd FE6 with Clarine. Obviously I couldn't use her until she promoted but after that I threw every energy ring I found onto her and the rest is history.
#14BasementZombiePosted 1/28/2013 2:05:34 AM
I usually play with whatever allows me to have as many swordmasters as possible. There are a few units I really like that I always try to use, like I always have Marisa and Knoll on my team in SS. And Gilliam. Because he crits all. the. time. For me, at least.

I just finished a run of SS, actually, and have an intent of doing the Creature Campaign with only ladies.
#15kukingina2Posted 1/28/2013 3:19:29 AM(edited)
with games like radiant dawn I try to avoid some characters (hey there dawn brigade) as much as possible

but for this game it might be different

1st game il go option 2...then il try to max everyone out on my 2nd playthrough on lunatic
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#16KrentarisPosted 1/28/2013 1:53:18 PM
I'm somewhere inbetween option 2 and option 3, but I voted option 3. I just can't bring myself to use characters who are flat out terrible, but I don't mind Ests, or Oifeys.

Zhihark posted...
Though admittedly I almost solo'd FE6 with Clarine. Obviously I couldn't use her until she promoted but after that I threw every energy ring I found onto her and the rest is history.

Hey, I did the same thing on my first playthrough. I threw all my Energy Rings on Clarine and all my Speedwings on Lilina, and with the low weight of tomes they broke the game in half between them. Clarine is a ridiculous dodge bot.
---
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
#17WestbrickIIIPosted 1/28/2013 1:58:18 PM
Other: Use tons of different units with each playthrough. The only real overlap I have in my runs is lord units.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#18RealbendarioPosted 1/28/2013 2:03:50 PM
Certain characters just end up becoming more attuned to me as I play, and they end up being better because of it. As such, I just use whoever I use. However, I always make Tue women better than the men. I do that in every game I can, because super powerful goddesses rock.
---
PSN: Bendario
3DS FC: 3737-9550-0971
#19zshippozxPosted 1/28/2013 3:34:22 PM
girl characters yay :D!
---
SSF4: main- Sakura sub- ibuki 3rd Strike main - ibuki
GT: foxdemon3392 PSN: EXShouoken
#20ssbmrocksPosted 1/28/2013 3:43:56 PM
I always try to use my units equally.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.