Wait, so if you play as a girl, you only get one kid?

#21LookAnglePosted 1/29/2013 5:13:11 AM
klecser posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but some of you are complaining that the female avatar isn't a slut and happens to be choosy?

No, some people are complaining that the only way to get two children characters as a Female Avatar is to marry Chrom, whereas a Male Avatar can marry almost any First Gen girl and get two children characters.
#22SkaldskaparmalPosted 1/29/2013 5:28:09 AM
The only reason male MU gets two kids is that the kids are tied to the mother, outside of Morgan and Lucina. Anyone calling it sexist or anything else is full of it or just trying to troll.
#23dragonlordsdPosted 1/29/2013 5:29:30 AM
That seems utterly ridiculous. None of the other characters get two children either. Besides, it doesn't make much sense with the story that they would have multiple children anyway.
#24LookAnglePosted 1/29/2013 5:33:30 AM
dragonlordsd posted...
That seems utterly ridiculous. None of the other characters get two children either. Besides, it doesn't make much sense with the story that they would have multiple children anyway.

Well, a Male Avatar get's two kids if her marries pretty much any first gen. But I agree. The children are generally linked to the mother and creating a child linked to EVERY male character would just be a tad excessive.
#25KeyToSuccessPosted 1/29/2013 5:59:59 AM
I'm confused. I understand that the children are usually tied to the mothers. I understand that Morgan is tied to the Avatar and Lucina to Chrom. I understand that if you want Morgan to have a sibling you must marry him. What I don't understand is why that is sexist.
---
This is what RPG's are about! Killing people and taking their cool stuff!
#26DarkHeroRavenPosted 1/29/2013 6:05:30 AM
HitTheGroundWal posted...
That's a sexist mechanic.

I'm surprised the Internet didn't pump out this topic sooner,

This. Funnily enough, I was actually thinking about it yesterday.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#27braiel91Posted 1/29/2013 6:09:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#28SkaldskaparmalPosted 1/29/2013 6:14:39 AM
KeyToSuccess posted...
What I don't understand is why that is sexist.

It isn't.
#29NovaWillPosted 1/29/2013 6:17:47 AM
Why are people are still abusing the word sexist? Because you know, they completely thought of this to specifically discriminate against women and all. If this was really the case, they wouldn't have let Krom be an option, but he is.