The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Minimum Experience

#1Elementalist15Posted 1/28/2013 3:45:45 AM
I've been reading up about the internal levels system they made to balance the class changing system and it made me curious about something. I know they made it so you can receive diminishing experience points so I wanna know whats the absolute minimum experience any action can give. I know about same level units give 10 for battle and 30 for defeating an enemy. In the demo Frederick (who would be about 20 levels high then the enemies) gets 4 for battle and 11 for defeating an enemy. Is that the lowest or is it possible to get even less or no experience for actions once you are a high enough level?
#2BMSiriusPosted 1/28/2013 3:49:11 AM
You can circumvent/reset the "accumulated levels" system, I believe by using a Master Seal to turn a promoted unit back into a pre-promoted unit.
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#3Elementalist15(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:04:24 AM
You are saying there is a way to reset the cumulative level value back to 0?
#4kukingina2Posted 1/28/2013 4:13:37 AM
Elementalist15 posted...
You are saying there is a way to reset the cumulative level value back to 0?

yes while still keeping skills and stats
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#5azn_boy150Posted 1/28/2013 4:29:51 AM
Actually, you're all only partially right. By using a Change Seal, you can change a unit's level back to 1, or 21 if they are still promoted. But, the game remembers every unit's every level up, and still applies those previous level ups even after resetting their levels.

On Normal, the game doesn't keep track of this, so it's irrelevant. On Hard, I think the game's level memory caps at 50. I don't remember what the cap, or if there even is one on Lunatic/Lunatic+.

I don't remember where I read this, but I know I did in a topic here on this board a while back. It may have been WestBrick or TheOthin who brought it up.

Who knows, maybe I'm completely wrong and I've just gone crazy.
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
PSN: azn_boy150
#6Lusankya1Posted 1/28/2013 4:36:23 AM(edited)
No, there is no way.

Evertime you're reclassing your unit your internal level is increased by half your previous level (promoted units count their level +20) and the internal level is always added to your visible level for the purpose of calculating exp gain.

However there is a cap for your internal level depending on the difficulty you're playing on.
It's 20 for normal, 30 for hard and I think 50 for lunatic.

But no matter how high your total level is, you always get at least 8 exp for a kill.
#7azn_boy150Posted 1/28/2013 4:37:27 AM
Lusankya1 posted...
No, there is no way.

Evertime you're reclassing your unit your internal level is increased by half your previous level (promoted units count their level +20) and the internal level is always added to your visible level for the purpose of calculating exp gain.

However there is a cap for your internal level depending on the difficulty you're playing on.
It's 20 for normal, 30 for hard and I think 50 for lunatic.

Oh yeah, forgot it still remembers 20 levels on Normal. I think that's to account for promoted units, so practically speaking, it only has an affect if a unit is reclassed back into an unpromoted unit. I thought 50 was the cap for Hard, but I guess I was wrong.
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
PSN: azn_boy150
#8OCShoesPosted 1/28/2013 8:17:04 AM
Wow, thanks TC + contributors. Been looking for an answer on this, y'all are super helpful :D
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#9Elementalist15(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:15:46 AM
Is this the topic you were thinking off?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/62830609

And thanks for the answers. So I will always get at least 8 experience for a kill. That makes it sound like I will always get at least 1 experience for a battle as well.
#10RethalwolfPosted 1/28/2013 11:27:43 AM
Elementalist15 posted...
Is this the topic you were thinking off?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/62830609

And thanks for the answers. So I will always get at least 8 experience for a kill. That makes it sound like I will always get at least 1 experience for a battle as well.

Does that mean you can't class change once you hit the cumulative level cap?
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."