what is with all of you trolls hating on casual mode

#1NovaWingzPosted 1/28/2013 11:01:39 AM
you dont have to use it so stop saying crap like "i wish this mode wasnt in the game" i mean come on is it being a option going to effect at all no, so just shut up and think about all of the new people to the series
---
it's time to end this prepare to die SAVAGE WOLF FURY,im not done with you yet take this BURNING RAGNAROK, heh heh heh you thought this was over ARS ARCANUM
#2lurking222Posted 1/28/2013 11:04:02 AM
Casual mode is completely contrary to the way FE is supposed to be played. Its really just a compromise to get new players to buy the game. With that said it doesn't really bother me, bands, tv shows and video games all need to appeal to the masses in order to continue to exist for hardcore fans.
#3la_mayonesaPosted 1/28/2013 11:04:48 AM
I haven't seen one person acting like the existance of the mode somehow effects the quality of the game, just a lot of people (although some more strongly and rudely than necessary) recommending to not use that mode to get the full experience.
---
there is no excuse to show this episode 3 times in one week - Canti
So if adult swim were a gamefacks poster it would make the same topics too many times?-Zora
#4MarthMoopaPosted 1/28/2013 11:10:52 AM
The problem with casual mode is that it provides no alternative penalty for getting killed. Units killed on Casual should gain a "wounded" status, preventing them from joining the next chapter. Having absolutely no penalty whatsoever is ridiculous.
#5NeoNaviZeroPosted 1/28/2013 11:11:27 AM
The way I see it, regardless of the mode I pick, I would/will reset whenever a character dies. I'll probably be playing Normal/Classic or Hard/Classic, but I honestly believe that picking Casual wouldn't affect how I play the game at all.

In that regard, I really don't care that the mode exists. I can see some being upset with the game supposedly catering to "easy mode" players, but there are difficulty settings and it's still possible to play it traditionally. What's wrong with that?
---
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams
#6klecserPosted 1/28/2013 11:13:57 AM
la_mayonesa posted...
I haven't seen one person acting like the existance of the mode somehow effects the quality of the game, just a lot of people (although some more strongly and rudely than necessary) recommending to not use that mode to get the full experience.

This.
#7PibriamalPosted 1/28/2013 11:15:40 AM
Only reason I'd use casual is for those SpotPass battle with my lethality-loving friends. Not gonna lose a unit to one of those.

Ehh, I guess battle saves are nice too.
#8NewbieN00bPosted 1/28/2013 11:16:37 AM
I don't have a problem with the mode, and I wont use it often.

I really don't understand why others have a problem with it. I agree that FE is balanced around being able to play without losing anyone, but it's still not a big deal as long as I can play the game the way I want to.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#9EndgamePosted 1/28/2013 11:24:40 AM
Casual mode is completely contrary to the way FE is supposed to be played.

so is using the "Jeigan" to solo the game, but that didn't stop SS and PoR (not counting BK and Ashnard), now did it?

face it, EVERYTHING that's happened since SS is contrary to the way FE is meant to be played
tv shows and video games all need to appeal to the masses in order to continue to exist for hardcore fans.

yeah, but not by ****ing all over the hardcore fans who made the franchise last that long to begin with

eh, it's not exclusive to Fire Emblem though, Nintendo is ****ing all over everyone who's ever supported them (Mario's been reduced to quick cash in rehashes, Zelda's been reduced to a guinea pig for gimmick based control schemes, etc.) and unfortunately, most of the fanbase is just eating it up.....
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#10KeyToSuccessPosted 1/28/2013 11:30:11 AM
la_mayonesa posted...

I have. A crazy poster mentioned hand holding and asked if we wanted the ability to save anywhere too. Because we haven't been able to that since DOS computer RPG's obviously.

But like you said most people are more civil.

Anyway TC I don't care how others play their single player games.
---
This is what RPG's are about! Killing people and taking their cool stuff!