what is with all of you trolls hating on casual mode

#141WestbrickIIIPosted 1/28/2013 5:17:07 PM
Col_Mobius posted...
Now who's calling names?

I confess, I don't always follow my own rule about personal attacks, although they are always tit-for-tat. In addition to insulting me numerous times, you've refused to address any of the substantive arguments I've made, instead continuing to lament to other users about how elitist I am and how I can't stomach different opinions. Just to recap this:

-I love Awakening; it's my second-favorite Fire Emblem
-I worry that Casual Mode will marginalize a large part of the experience for new players
-I'd rather Casual Mode not be in the game
-I understand that this is a minority opinion and that most would rather see new players come in

Please stop with this theater tragedy you've got going on in the corner. No one is getting upset but yourself. This could have been (and was, for the most part) a reasonable discussion about game quality and experience.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#142airtamisPosted 1/28/2013 5:19:22 PM
Well, this topic really needs to be locked. I mean, (most) everyone gives perfectly valid points, and that's a fact of life:Answers are never simple. However, both sides have perfectly valid reasoning and arguments, and at this point we aren't bringing up any new points, we're just repeating the same points over and over.
#143WestbrickIIIPosted 1/28/2013 5:20:40 PM
For Christ's sake, my perfect-score review of this game is on the very top of the review page. How in the world could you misinterpret my posts as disliking this game? There's a singular feature that I find could ruin part of the experience for many people -- that's it. I'd love to have a discussion about this, so long as it's reasonable (airtamis and I proved that this is possible) and not based on fabricated arguments no one is making.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#144Lylat_CruiserPosted 1/28/2013 5:20:55 PM
Maaaan @#$% your breakfast!
---
The only thing that stops a bad guy with an axe is a good guy with a sword!
#145NovaWingz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:22:21 PM
at this rate i'll have to close this topic people are getting way to worked up over a game and proving if your a real "hardcore" fan,i really can guess what some of you guys do when your left alone
---
it's time to end this prepare to die SAVAGE WOLF FURY,im not done with you yet take this BURNING RAGNAROK, heh heh heh you thought this was over ARS ARCANUM
#146WestbrickIIIPosted 1/28/2013 5:22:56 PM
airtamis posted...
Well, this topic really needs to be locked. I mean, (most) everyone gives perfectly valid points, and that's a fact of life:Answers are never simple. However, both sides have perfectly valid reasoning and arguments, and at this point we aren't bringing up any new points, we're just repeating the same points over and over.

There's still plenty of room for discussion, including:

-to what degree Casual could hurt the Awakening experience
-whether, if it agreed that Casual is a negative, that negative is outweighed by the flux of newcomers
-whether or not Casual could in fact provide a superior experience in some ways

But the odds of any kind of reasonable discussion from this point out are slim, so maybe a lock is best. Either way, I've had fun.
---
#147NovaWingz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:26:05 PM
airtamis posted...

i was thinking the same thing but the things that make me close a bored havnt happend yet
---
it's time to end this prepare to die SAVAGE WOLF FURY,im not done with you yet take this BURNING RAGNAROK, heh heh heh you thought this was over ARS ARCANUM
#148WestbrickIIIPosted 1/28/2013 5:28:46 PM
NovaWingz posted...
airtamis posted...

i was thinking the same thing but the things that make me close a bored havnt happend yet

I dunno, speculating about what people who don't like Casual "do when they're alone" is pretty asinine. You wanted an explanation for those who dislike Casual, and you've gotten it so far. Keeping up this "you're all a bunch of elitist losers" attitude makes me think you made this topic just to get a reaction out of people.
---
#149airtamisPosted 1/28/2013 5:31:02 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
-to what degree Casual could hurt the Awakening experience
-whether, if it agreed that Casual is a negative, that negative is outweighed by the flux of newcomers
-whether or not Casual could in fact provide a superior experience in some ways

Well, considering the fact that you are the only one arguing against casual, I'd have to say that we'd end up a yes for 1 and render 2 null. For question three, I can see it being a superior experience due to the fact that you get to keep all characters, so you can see their relationships blossom with other characters; much in the same way that perma-death could be considered a superior experience due to the fact that choices matter and consequences are very real. So for the third one I'd actually have to say no, and say that each mode has its merits.
#150NovaWingz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:35:55 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
NovaWingz posted...
airtamis posted...

I dunno, speculating about what people who don't like Casual "do when they're alone" is pretty asinine. You wanted an explanation for those who dislike Casual, and you've gotten it so far. Keeping up this "you're all a bunch of elitist losers" attitude makes me think you made this topic just to get a reaction out of people.

its the people that can just keep a fight going that make me think that,and "elitist losers" if your try to read my my mind you've missed the mark what im really wondering is if you guys dont have anything better to do. and also what attitude
---