what is with all of you trolls hating on casual mode

#171hh31Posted 1/29/2013 12:23:07 PM
what i'm worried about here is it seems they don't know what direction to go on with the series. The fact that they're lumping all the mechanics and characters of past games into one (under the excuse of "portal" or whatever) seems like they're trying to make quick cash. Add in casual mode for more influx of new gamers. It's working for now (good for them), but what are they going to do in the next game? It's like when a musical artist releases a "best hits" album, some of them are doing it because their popularity is going down and it's their last attempt to gain some sales and attention again. The next FE better be good enough to sustain all the attention FE:A is getting.
#172ljkkjlcm9Posted 1/30/2013 11:03:43 PM
You are entitled to your opinions, but I think a lot of you are missing some things about casual mode.

I LOVE Fire Emblem. When I was younger and had all the time in the world, there were maps that I would use the temp save option with a coliseum and grind for hours. Then that one time the enemy gets that 1% chance critical hit and my character died. So I would quit and restart something I had put hours into. I felt the impact and I was frustrated and I would choose to not level that character or deny certain types of match ups the next time. Take less risks.

Well now that I have a full time job and other priorities, I don't have that kind of time. I went from being the type that would restart an entire game because I found out when I was almost done, that I missed some secret pretty early on, to the type that is just happy I can finally beat that game because I found the time.

I didn't even really know about casual mode until today, and I had preordered this game awhile ago. But when I read what it was, I thought cool. Now I can play for 10 minutes and save in the middle of battle. Now when I have spent hours on a battle that I have carefully played through just like I did in every fire emblem before, I dont have to restart if I slip up and someone dies or more likely, that lovely RNG decides to have fun and make my 90% hit rate miss and the enemies 2% crit hit. I don't have time to restart. If I am restarting too many times I'm likely to never bother to finish the game. This means I can play on the harder difficulty, still play cautious, most likely still restart if early in the mission, but not after putting an hour into it. It will not change how I strategize in any way. It just lets me be, I guess more casual, because I don't have the time to be hardcore anymore.

THE JACKEL
#173ThEBMaNPosted 1/31/2013 2:40:10 AM
You are entitled to your opinions, but I think a lot of you are missing some things about casual mode.

I LOVE Fire Emblem. When I was younger and had all the time in the world, there were maps that I would use the temp save option with a coliseum and grind for hours. Then that one time the enemy gets that 1% chance critical hit and my character died. So I would quit and restart something I had put hours into. I felt the impact and I was frustrated and I would choose to not level that character or deny certain types of match ups the next time. Take less risks.

Well now that I have a full time job and other priorities, I don't have that kind of time. I went from being the type that would restart an entire game because I found out when I was almost done, that I missed some secret pretty early on, to the type that is just happy I can finally beat that game because I found the time.

I didn't even really know about casual mode until today, and I had preordered this game awhile ago. But when I read what it was, I thought cool. Now I can play for 10 minutes and save in the middle of battle. Now when I have spent hours on a battle that I have carefully played through just like I did in every fire emblem before, I dont have to restart if I slip up and someone dies or more likely, that lovely RNG decides to have fun and make my 90% hit rate miss and the enemies 2% crit hit. I don't have time to restart. If I am restarting too many times I'm likely to never bother to finish the game. This means I can play on the harder difficulty, still play cautious, most likely still restart if early in the mission, but not after putting an hour into it. It will not change how I strategize in any way. It just lets me be, I guess more casual, because I don't have the time to be hardcore anymore.

THE JACKEL

My god.... you took the words right out of my mouth! This is EXACTLY why I welcomed the Casual Mode. I remember the exact thing happening when I played through FE7, grinding the hell out of the coliseum and end up getting extremely unlucky with a character and have them die. It was extremely frustrating, but fun at the same time as I had the time to go back and play the chapter again. Life dictates that I do not have that kind of spare time anymore. Although admittedly, I wish they had just allowed you to save mid battle period, and just taken out the Casual mode. It is a better game with the threat of a character dying permanently, but is easy enough to remedy with regular saving throughout a battle.
---
"HAVE YOU...OR HAVE YOU NOT.....HEARD.....ABOUT.....THE BIRD?"
#174Kurama2Posted 1/31/2013 2:40:56 AM
lol bad kids
---
Leaf
#175Huff n puff 20Posted 1/31/2013 2:43:55 AM
Endgame posted...

so is using the "Jeigan" to solo the game, but that didn't stop SS and PoR (not counting BK and Ashnard), now did it?

Sigurd Solo, ho!!
Seliph/Yuria duo, ho!!
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#176HyperKnuckles5112Posted 1/31/2013 3:37:35 AM
Interesting.
---
SuperSonic-Legend
HyperSonic-Fun
#177BlueSophiaPosted 1/31/2013 5:36:04 AM
Whoever started the "casuals in my game?!" thing deserves a medal for this.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#178WestbrickIIIPosted 1/31/2013 7:03:09 AM
mjfaqs posted...
I like how some hypocrites here will argue that Casual impacts the game in a negative way, yet whenever someone mentions the broken DLC/spotpass/nosferatu tomes, they'll start crying "just don't use it!".

Guess what kids - "just don't use" casual mode. Problem solved.

This would be hypocritical for obvious reasons, but I'm not one of those people. Nosferatu imbalance is a clear flaw.

Boomer_Kuwanga posted...
WestbrickIII posted...
To those embracing casual mode because "It's an option": what if there was an "option" to save your game at any point, a la save states with an emulator? What if there was an "option" to instantly power up your characters to max stats if the going got tough? What if there was an "option" to skip to the credits with the push of a button?

None of that would affect my enjoyment of the game in any way. I don't care how other people play the game, because I'm not a %#$@!*& idiot.

Didn't read the topic / doesn't have the intelligence to understand the topic, decides to post an angry insult anyway. This is the kind of tripe I'd expect on YouTube comments.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#179Dota2Posted 1/31/2013 7:18:38 AM
15: New User (1)

you guys are honestly silly and have to learn not to reply sometimes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://fanaddict22.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/azunyan-gif1.gif
#180KeyToSuccessPosted 1/31/2013 7:42:07 AM
WestbrickIII posted...</

To those embracing casual mode because "It's an option": what if there was an "option" to save your game at any point, a la save states with an emulator? What if there was an "option" to instantly power up your characters to max stats if the going got tough? What if there was an "option" to skip to the credits with the push of a button?

None of that would affect my enjoyment of the game in any way. I don't care how other people play the game, because I'm not a %#$@!*& idiot.

Didn't read the topic / doesn't have the intelligence to understand the topic, decides to post an angry insult anyway. This is the kind of tripe I'd expect on YouTube comments.

I don't know why you would expect someone to read eighteen pages of people talking in circles. It would change his opinion on the matter as much as it changed the rest of ours. Not at all.
---
This is what RPG's are about! Killing people and taking their cool stuff!