If in Canada, check EB Games stores starting tomorrow. Game being shipped early

#181DarkAres_02Posted 1/29/2013 10:28:41 AM
I just called my EB Games, who said they phoned out last night. I think my phone may have been busy or they forgot or something, but the point is they have the game, and they have the art book!

This is Scarborough, by the way if that helps. Going to pick it up soon.
---
Waiting for: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pandora's Tower, and SMT x Fire Emblem
Official Relm Arrowny of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#182ImpulseDrive(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:34:09 AM(edited)
IlIlIlIlIlIlIl posted...
Anyone in Mississauga or close by? I mean it's close enough to Toronto but it's not even consistent across Toronto EBGames.

I didn't even preorder.

Someone in the thread said they're in Brampton and got the call. Is that close enough? As far as stock goes, EB seems to be shipping out numbers based on pre-orders. They have enough to cover them, and a few extra to sell normally. Unless they're a central location, like a high-traffic mall. Those will probably get stocked a little more than usual based on standard procedure.

klecser posted...
Thanks for the added info. I guess this is really surprising, given the wrath that Nintendo and other companies usually bring on stores for selling early. Why is this different? Why does FE get a free pass? We may never know, but "somebody broke the date so you all can" seems fishy and not the whole story to me.

I'm glad you can get it early! Have fun! :D

You're welcome, and yeah...I can't say if we'll ever get to know who the "Somebody" is, or why this case is different from the rest. Maybe EB pulled some strings since Best Buy/Futureshop got the exclusive rights to the bundle in Canada? Who knows?

I'm still trying to comprehend the fact I'm holding it in my hand a week early, but you'll hear no complaints from me! :D

---
3DS FC: 4613-6355-9930
#183Kitty FieldsPosted 1/29/2013 10:35:06 AM
Just called an EB Games in Winnipeg. Looks like they have 'em! So all the pre-orders should be ready for pickup and they have "a few" extras.

SCHOOL CANNOT END SOON ENOUGH!
#184Jstretch19Posted 1/29/2013 10:36:46 AM
We should invade Nintendo.
---
6 more days
#185IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 1/29/2013 10:40:18 AM
ImpulseDrive posted...
Someone in the thread said they're in Brampton and got the call. Is that close enough? As far as stock goes, EB seems to be shipping out numbers based on pre-orders. They have enough to cover them, and a few extra to sell normally. Unless they're a central location, like a high-traffic mall. Those will probably get stocked a little more than usual based on standard procedure.

Thanks for the info. I think I was expecting to just walk in to buy it but I didn't think through the possibility of selling out their extras.
---
|N|M|E|
#186peter_888Posted 1/29/2013 10:45:13 AM
anyone in vancouver got their copy yet?
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#187Brave_VesperiaPosted 1/29/2013 10:47:11 AM
acesxhigh posted...
I'm in Vic, BC. Going to call today.

I live in Delta but Im gonna call the one in Richmond today (closest store from my house). Really hoping they have it!
---
Proud Vancouver Canucks fan.
http://www.hasluongobeentraded.com/
#188Lord EphraimPosted 1/29/2013 10:49:43 AM
EB Games cannot get into any legal trouble because the game was not street dated. They did not strike a bargain with Nintendo to sell the game early. All it was a typo in the database that listed FE:A as a street dated title so it would be shipped to stores early. You cannot sell a game early that is listed street dated because the system won't let you. When they realized the database don goofed up, they went along with it because, hey money is cool.

The US branch does not have that problem, so stores will not be shipping early. Few retail stores will have the game on the 4th while most on the 5th.
---
SNARGLEBLAGH
#189ImpulseDrive(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:53:31 AM
Lord Ephraim posted...
EB Games cannot get into any legal trouble because the game was not street dated. They did not strike a bargain with Nintendo to sell the game early. All it was a typo in the database that listed FE:A as a street dated title so it would be shipped to stores early. You cannot sell a game early that is listed street dated because the system won't let you. When they realized the database don goofed up, they went along with it because, hey money is cool.

The US branch does not have that problem, so stores will not be shipping early. Few retail stores will have the game on the 4th while most on the 5th.

Welp, this is convincing enough for me, thanks.

Here's your answer to the early release folks.
---
3DS FC: 4613-6355-9930
#190MyFriendsOverUPosted 1/29/2013 10:54:25 AM
Brave_Vesperia posted...
acesxhigh posted...
I'm in Vic, BC. Going to call today.

I live in Delta but Im gonna call the one in Richmond today (closest store from my house). Really hoping they have it!

Just called EB Games Richmond, theirs was just shipped today but it will arrive in the next couple of days.
---
"What? You don't eat meat? What are you, some sort of Jehovah's Witness?"
Atticus.fc: 3711 71111 7347