In lieu of the game coming out soon...

#1AyanokojiAkunoPosted 1/29/2013 9:44:05 AM
So I've been reading the stickied posts on here 'bout the general gameplay and what not. What is confusing, and most likely is for many others, is the whole marriage system, skill/class inheritance.

Been looking through the wiki as well and I figured to do this once I get the game:
Olivia to be Chrom's wife (and thus Lucina's mother), gets her the Pegasus knight class, and eventually lightning speed? (if I understood correctly what I have read).

Now, say I had a MaleMU, and didn't marry him off before, and instead had him marry Lucina, what would happen there as far as skills/classes are concerned
---
Akuno Ayanokoji
#2OCShoesPosted 1/29/2013 9:46:14 AM
AyanokojiAkuno posted...
So I've been reading the stickied posts on here 'bout the general gameplay and what not. What is confusing, and most likely is for many others, is the whole marriage system, skill/class inheritance.

Been looking through the wiki as well and I figured to do this once I get the game:
Olivia to be Chrom's wife (and thus Lucina's mother), gets her the Pegasus knight class, and eventually lightning speed? (if I understood correctly what I have read).

Now, say I had a MaleMU, and didn't marry him off before, and instead had him marry Lucina, what would happen there as far as skills/classes are concerned

Nothing, but Lucina wold be the mother of Morgan, MU's kid (daughter in this case.) and Morgan would have all classes available to both genders + all classes available to females because of MU. Nothing happens to Lucina or MU, though.
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#3LaoniPosted 1/29/2013 9:53:24 AM
You'd get an extra story scene though
---
Now I have this image of Sora's heart being a magical hospital. - Hikaru_Irving
#4AyanokojiAkuno(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:08:13 AM
Ah, right. That's what I meant, what skills would Morgan and MU child get
---
Akuno Ayanokoji
#5KoubanPosted 1/29/2013 10:15:06 AM
Morgan gets aether if memory serves.
---
...What?
#6AyanokojiAkuno(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:20:12 AM
Wait, just came to me, wouldn't this pairing only result in just Morgan? And if there is 'MUchild' would it be generic or what sort of madness is this @_@
---
Akuno Ayanokoji
#7KoubanPosted 1/29/2013 11:21:43 AM
Just Morgan, yes.
---
...What?
#8AyanokojiAkuno(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:31:21 AM
Right, figured as much. Unless there is a third generation or something crazy like that
---
Akuno Ayanokoji
#9AyanokojiAkuno(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:55:22 AM
So what would be the deemed 'op' class in this game? I'm told a sorcerer is a must for Lunatic modes
---
Akuno Ayanokoji