Apparently street date has been lifted in US, Gamstops will sell when shipments

#31LightHawKnightPosted 1/29/2013 5:05:28 PM
Lord Ephraim posted...
Of course Gamestop will sell the game when it gets their shipments in. The problem is that the game will ship on the 4th and arrive on the 5th. A whole day past the eShop release and when some a****** posts untagged spoilers about the game.

Big name games from Nintendo do not get shipped on the release date, they get shipped a week before. WIth how Nintendo is advertising FE, it wont be shipped that day.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#32zeldashoPosted 1/29/2013 5:06:40 PM
Well I just called 5 stores in my area, 2 said it wasnt releasing till next week, 3 said they couldnt find it in the system.

Doesnt look the anything might be happening for the U.S till atleast tomorrow.
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN:SgtWiggles WiiU:SgtWiggles
Now Playing: P4A, PS All Stars, Etrian Odyssey 3, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, Ni No Kuni, MH Tri, Persona 4 Golden
#33PSI_IKE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:07:27 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Lord Ephraim posted...
Of course Gamestop will sell the game when it gets their shipments in. The problem is that the game will ship on the 4th and arrive on the 5th. A whole day past the eShop release and when some a****** posts untagged spoilers about the game.

Big name games from Nintendo do not get shipped on the release date, they get shipped a week before. WIth how Nintendo is advertising FE, it wont be shipped that day.

Not necessarily. I talked to a few Gamestops already that have said they'll probably be getting the game on the 5th.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vCEHpv6Hg&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOw6QPt1-g
#34LightHawKnightPosted 1/29/2013 5:08:27 PM
PSI_IKE posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Lord Ephraim posted...

Not necessarily. I talked to a few Gamestops already that have said they'll probably be getting the game on the 5th.

Nto all GS stores know whats going on. It is up to the warehouses to ship it.
---
#35PSI_IKE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:09:01 PM
Yeah, I agree. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm really hoping it gets here before the weekend
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vCEHpv6Hg&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOw6QPt1-g
#36zeldashoPosted 1/29/2013 5:11:05 PM
PSI_IKE posted...
Yeah, I agree. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm really hoping it gets here before the weekend

When I worked at Gamestop, we usually had most big releases like a week before release date (Sometimes more, for really big stuff like Halo or CoD). But for games like this, we usually either got them the weekend before, or on actual release week.

Then again since its Nintendo, who knows. The whole under-producing/shipping issue might still cause the game to be released on its actual date lol.
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN:SgtWiggles WiiU:SgtWiggles
Now Playing: P4A, PS All Stars, Etrian Odyssey 3, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, Ni No Kuni, MH Tri, Persona 4 Golden
#37ChronosknightPosted 1/29/2013 5:17:29 PM
Just got off the phone with my local Gamestop. The employee verified that the street date had been lifted but said they didn't have any copies yet and it wasn't in any of the shipments arriving tomorrow. She said I should call around 1:30 tomorrow afternoon to see if there are any further details.
#38DekusKaPosted 1/29/2013 5:19:36 PM
Really? If so, I must just be unlucky because I called up my local Gamestop just a second ago and they said that they might not even get shipments of the game until the 5th...
I just want to play my FE, dammit!
---
3DS FC: 5112-3419-3611
#39LightHawKnightPosted 1/29/2013 5:21:14 PM
DekusKa posted...
Really? If so, I must just be unlucky because I called up my local Gamestop just a second ago and they said that they might not even get shipments of the game until the 5th...
I just want to play my FE, dammit!

It could be because they think it isn't an fps so it wont get shipped early, when it probably will, since it is Nintendo and they have been pushing FE like crazy recently. There is no reason for them to not send it early.
---
#40OCShoesPosted 1/29/2013 5:23:32 PM
AstralRain posted...
My Gamestop said that the street date hasn't changed, but I hope that they just haven't been told yet.

I went to them in person, I was half hoping because of Canada, but he said the same thing.
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin