Apparently street date has been lifted in US, Gamstops will sell when shipments

#71Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/29/2013 6:26:18 PM
Just called my local gamestop here in michigan and he said no street date broken and shipments of the game won't arrive until friday.

What part of Michigan, if I may ask? :o
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Kid Icarus: Uprising
#72ptreemf12Posted 1/29/2013 6:31:15 PM
I think we should all give it a day or two before calling/checking out Gamestop. The news might not even be fully spread yet, and I'm personally still prepared for a 4th or 5th release.

Calling now might just annoy/confuse/anger/sadden or disturb the employees and stores. Halp!
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#73IntegnosPosted 1/29/2013 6:31:23 PM
6speednissan posted...
Lord Ephraim posted...
Everyone I've talked to at gamestop that knows their **** have been saying February 5th. Whether or not the street date is broken is irrelevant when the game leaves warehouses on the 4th.

I refuse to believe the ship date is the 4th when the game comes out on the 5th. This isn't 1996. My Best Buy store pickup says I can pick it up on the 4th. I expect to be able to get it this weekend though since the Best Buy gamer twitter in Canada said Friday.

Best Buy isn't Gamestop.

Ever heard of the Tuesday industry standard for games released in the US?
Yea, thats entirely due to GameStop.
#74LightHawKnightPosted 1/29/2013 6:50:12 PM
PrinceMedion posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Lord Ephraim posted...
Of course Gamestop will sell the game when it gets their shipments in. The problem is that the game will ship on the 4th and arrive on the 5th. A whole day past the eShop release and when some a****** posts untagged spoilers about the game.

Big name games from Nintendo do not get shipped on the release date, they get shipped a week before. WIth how Nintendo is advertising FE, it wont be shipped that day.

You don't know what your talking about, the game is not street dated and the daily information we get at GS every day told us last week that the game can be sold upon arrival but it wouldn't be shipped until the 4th with expected delivery on the 5th. I'm still hoping Nintendo is shipping the game early but there isn't any information to actually state that they are.

You are the one that doesn't know what you are talking about. I doubt you have ever seen game launch.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#75hardknock55Posted 1/29/2013 7:01:02 PM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
Just called my local gamestop here in michigan and he said no street date broken and shipments of the game won't arrive until friday.

Jackson.
---
PSN:hardknock55
NintendoNetwork:RetroReese88
#76McFastlyPosted 1/29/2013 7:15:35 PM
hardknock55 posted...
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...

Jackson.

Hopefully they'll have it in Ypsi.
---
"I, as it happens, am an archer! ....The archest of archers in fact."
#77NeonDragon9000Posted 1/29/2013 7:17:03 PM
Just checked two GameStops. The first one didn't have any shipments but seemed to confirm that street date has been broken. But the second one, despite a big poster that said "AVAILABLE NOW," said they also didn't have any shipments because they weren't being sold until Monday.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#78NeonDragon9000Posted 1/29/2013 7:19:00 PM
First time in a while I've heard of pre-order allotments being exhausted, especially for a portable game. I'll probably just end up downloading it off the eShop, that's what I planned to do from the start, anyway.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#79FEChicaPosted 1/29/2013 7:20:21 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
...despite a big poster that said "AVAILABLE NOW," said they also didn't have any shipments.

Sounds like how my Gamestop was when I was asking when Luigi's Mansion would come out while preordering FE. The guy didn't even know what Luigi's Mansion was, despite it being right beside FE on the "PREORDER NOW" poster.
---
Nintendo of America has shattered every reason I had to not get a 3DS now.
#80BlackBloodDragoPosted 1/29/2013 7:25:08 PM
FEChica posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
...despite a big poster that said "AVAILABLE NOW," said they also didn't have any shipments.

Sounds like how my Gamestop was when I was asking when Luigi's Mansion would come out while preordering FE. The guy didn't even know what Luigi's Mansion was, despite it being right beside FE on the "PREORDER NOW" poster.

LOL gotta love ignorant gamestop workers, I mean if your not a gamer its cool and all but at least get your act together.
---
New 3DS (old one was stolen with all my games....) FC: 3480-3950-4456
Drill Arm Dentist at your service :P