Called my hometown's GameStop... (California) and another GS

#1S1ppy_cupPosted 1/29/2013 4:24:41 PM
They were completely unaware that the street date has been lifted and that Toronto Canada were selling them yesterday. So for California Gfaqs users today is :(. As for the other GameStop, me and a bunch of people were obnoxiously calling them about it and they closed their lines.
---
KUNAIWITCHAIN!!!
#2Mr_ProspectorPosted 1/29/2013 4:33:17 PM
I called my GS as well and they didn't seem to know about it either. They even told that the date was Sunday the 10th. (T_T)
---
"Thanks to denial I'm immortal." Philip J. Fry
#3Lazy_HaarPosted 1/29/2013 4:41:42 PM
Oddly enough, I just called the Gamestop where I preordered my copy and they said they couldn't even find a release date for it any longer. The sales guy acted as if it was going to be delayed or something because of that and told me to call back on Friday.

Grr. This is slightly frustrating.
#4ShikariSLDPosted 1/29/2013 4:44:14 PM
I've never been happier to live in Canada
---
http://i.imgur.com/N3xIW.jpg
#5BiscuitBoyIVPosted 1/29/2013 4:44:54 PM
Lazy_Haar posted...
Oddly enough, I just called the Gamestop where I preordered my copy and they said they couldn't even find a release date for it any longer. The sales guy acted as if it was going to be delayed or something because of that and told me to call back on Friday.

Grr. This is slightly frustrating.

Yup. My GameStop tells me the game is no longer in their system, but assures me I'll get my five dollar reservation back
:p bout to go shove that bill down his throat.
---
Ginger and proud.
#6NS_ArcanePosted 1/29/2013 4:45:39 PM
Retailers in my area are always really adamant about honoring the street date, even when it gets lifted. I'm not really surprised.
#7S1ppy_cup(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:47:13 PM
Rant letter to Nintendo? Bomb rant letters!
---
KUNAIWITCHAIN!!!
#8sheathtalondarPosted 1/29/2013 4:52:43 PM
Tell them to check go stores
---
The official silver surfer of the mvc3 board
#9VongolaRaidenPosted 1/29/2013 4:58:20 PM
My Gamestop (New York) told me that release was the 5th. I guess I can wait another day :/
#10Col_MobiusPosted 1/29/2013 5:04:05 PM
My phone just rang with an unknown number, and I was sure it was GameStop calling to let me know I could have Fire Emblem. Turns out it was just a local theater trying to get my business.

I am entering Lunatic mode.