Ok, got a question

#1EnclavePosted 1/29/2013 4:18:30 PM
So, does the game act like Final Fantasy Tactics in giving you leveled random battles or more like Vandal Hearts where there's no way to grind your levels up and you go from one story fight to the next with no real break inbetween? Or is it something in the middle?
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#2Scout_TaronPosted 1/29/2013 4:20:32 PM(edited)
This is one of the few Fire Emblem games that has random battles outside of the main chapters.
#3Enclave(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:26:05 PM
Ah, so most Fire Emblem games is more the Vandal Hearts style?

So, how are random battles dealt with in this game? Are you walking on a world map similar to say Shining Force or moving on a map similar to Final Fantasy Tactics or how else?

Trying to get a grasp on exactly what to expect from the game. Deciding if I should grab it on my way home from work.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#4OCShoesPosted 1/29/2013 4:27:20 PM
Enclave posted...
Deciding if I should grab it on my way home from work.

Yes.
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#5Scout_TaronPosted 1/29/2013 4:30:36 PM
Enclave posted...

So, how are random battles dealt with in this game? Are you walking on a world map similar to say Shining Force or moving on a map similar to Final Fantasy Tactics or how else?

Trying to get a grasp on exactly what to expect from the game. Deciding if I should grab it on my way home from work.

I've never played FFT. But you move around on a world map that is essentially "dots" over a world map. Each dot represents where a main chapter/side quest took place. Occasionally, a random battle will generate (this happens according to real time, idk exactly how frequently though) on one of these dots, indicating by a monster on the dot. When you move onto the dot with the battle, you'll fight on the map of the chapter that took place on that dot, but you'll fight different enemies in different positions.
#6guedesbrawlPosted 1/29/2013 4:31:38 PM
think of the world map as in...super mario world.
yes,that's it.

monsters appear in areas where you fought previously,and are optional,as in,passing through the area won't force you to battle.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#7Enclave(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:32:44 PM
Scout_Taron posted...
Enclave posted...

I've never played FFT. But you move around on a world map that is essentially "dots" over a world map. Each dot represents where a main chapter/side quest took place. Occasionally, a random battle will generate (this happens according to real time, idk exactly how frequently though) on one of these dots, indicating by a monster on the dot. When you move onto the dot with the battle, you'll fight on the map of the chapter that took place on that dot, but you'll fight different enemies in different positions.

That sounds very much like Final Fantasy Tactics.

Thank you.
---
#8SilverSlayer425Posted 1/29/2013 6:02:49 PM
yes this game is amazing, i am waiting to get it as we speak, it is a lot like final fantasy tactics, but it is also, in a way, oblivion, due to the weapon durability, but i digress, the fire emblem series is an amazing series that is definitively worth obtaining
---
--- Death is the wind, you never know its there until it lays its cooling fingers upon you ---
#9Enclave(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:40:52 PM
Ok, I've picked it up. If it turns out to have been a waste of money then OCShoes is going to take 100% of the blame for his unhelpful response.
---
#10SkaldskaparmalPosted 1/29/2013 6:42:11 PM
Vandal Hearts II had random battles, though.