Disappointed in the "Japanese" language option.

#1KahrainPosted 1/30/2013 11:26:43 AM(edited)
So it only changes a few of the voices when set to Japanese. Things like grunts and movies, but no where else. It's so awkward to have them speaking Japanese in some places, then English in others... T_T

Edit: It can bug out and not properly switch all voices. Toggle the option and it should clear up.
---
=^.^= Mew.... CATS RULE!!!!
Armored Core V team: Nomadic Ravens
#2SkaldskaparmalPosted 1/30/2013 11:02:36 AM
Er, what?
#3SpeedstersonicPosted 1/30/2013 11:03:29 AM
Wow that truly is odd if some cutscenes are still english but everything else is japanese?
---
A man who trusts everyone is a fool, and a man who trusts no one is a fool. We are all fools, if we live long enough.
#4RethalwolfPosted 1/30/2013 11:04:36 AM
"everything with voices is in japanese"
"some things aren't spoken in japanese"
Um. What.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#5Rideps1Posted 1/30/2013 11:06:11 AM
Hmmm... that is unfortunate, I was going to use it for some practice, since I will probably be playing the game during my breaks before and after Japanese class...
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#6MonkeyShamanPosted 1/30/2013 11:06:32 AM
More details please, OP? That sounds...odd.
#7JMC611Posted 1/30/2013 11:08:09 AM
Kahrain posted...
So it only changes a few of the voices when set to Japanese. Things like grunts and movies, but no where else. It's so awkward to have them speaking Japanese in some places, then English in others... T_T

Err, what? The Japanese option was made to be catered to the weeboos who can't handle their JRPGS being voiced in anything but their high pitch "KAWAI DESU" voice. Not for actual people who speak Japanese. Why would the text be Japanese also?
#8sanada8517Posted 1/30/2013 11:12:19 AM
Same problem here. Whenever i continue my game, they talk in english even when the option is on japanese voice.

What i do is go in the options and change the voice back to english and then to japanese. Seems to work but it is a hassle every time i close my 3DS.
#9MIssDevilingPosted 1/30/2013 11:16:56 AM
You mean like if we read their supports, it'll be in English, but the battle grunts and movie dialogue are in Japanese?
---
http://keilis.deviantart.com
#10Kahrain(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:21:41 AM
Only movie voices are changed when the language is set to Japanese. And the short bits on the character voice selection... So the voice that I chose for my character is not the voice that he is using.

This doesn't affect text.
---
=^.^= Mew.... CATS RULE!!!!
Armored Core V team: Nomadic Ravens