IGN review :/

#61Lupin the 4thPosted 1/30/2013 11:01:43 PM
You guys do realize on the Nowi thing that since the reviewer is female, she likely used a female avatar and therefore would possibly have no idea about that. Or she just never used her. Lots of characters after all. Could be wrong. Haven't seen the video review yet.
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-
#62Jtrunks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:20:40 AM(edited)
The difference here is there are many types of SRPG game mechanics and even basic movement is different. Where as in FPS (First Person Perspective) there is only one way to move and aim. Unless you change the controls to Southpaw.

If you jam on every face button you will figure out the controls (FPS). Even in skyrim you could figure out the action controls.

In a SRPG....you will lose half of your crew trying that.

It's a review not a tutorial. It doesn't exist to teach you how to play the game, it exists to tell you if the reviewer enjoyed the game or not.

WOah woah woah. Dont even try that. You are the one that brought up controls(pointing and shooting). All I did was flip what you said on it's head. Didn't mean for you to take it literally.

SRPGs need to be explained. Obviously things like turn rotation (phases) and even comparing it to FF tactics (which plays differently) would be a great way to clarify game structure - not "press A to do this , press B to do that."

That is...just no.
---
Part of the Official Gamefaqs Troll Rating Association. (OGTR) *picks up pen and paper*
#63Winners_ProofPosted 1/31/2013 10:31:51 AM
Honestly the first board I've ever visited where a game gets a brilliant score and the fans aren't happy about it. Wow...
---
"Follow the hearts and you'll find the way. That's something Yen Sid taught me once." King Mickey
People who think I'm a winner: 5
#64GrischnakPosted 1/31/2013 1:41:27 PM(edited)
WOah woah woah. Dont even try that. You are the one that brought up controls(pointing and shooting). All I did was flip what you said on it's head. Didn't mean for you to take it literally.

SRPGs need to be explained. Obviously things like turn rotation (phases) and even comparing it to FF tactics (which plays differently) would be a great way to clarify game structure - not "press A to do this , press B to do that."

That is...just no.

No buddy, you are the one that brought up "gameplay". And since you want her to explain phases, you clearly do want her to teach people how to play the game via her review. Sorry to tell you but crap like that doesn't add anything to a review. Pointing out how phases work or the weapon triangle or whatever are not vital to a review. Stuff like that means nothing to people that haven't played the series before and people have played the series already know all that. Talking about things like that is just filler to make reviews longer.
#65NeonYoshi11Posted 1/31/2013 3:09:19 PM
at least IGN does points based on a scale of decimals or out of 100.

9.1 is not the same as 9.8 game.

Therefore IGN wins on their ranking style, but fails on other aspects when it comes to credibility.

They aren't they bad of a site though and this is a great score.