Universal critical praise.

#11arvilinoPosted 1/30/2013 2:41:05 PM
Yeah the critical praise is quite significant to try and sweep it under the rug like that. I think those who think otherwise are an absolute minority of 1 who hasn't played the game therefore has no credibility.
#12EndgamePosted 1/30/2013 2:41:18 PM
I accept your surrender
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#13Patrick7286Posted 1/30/2013 2:41:56 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
Yes why are we talking to endgame : /

He's right in this thread. Fanboys do like to cherry pick when it comes to review scores. If you want to argue that FE:A is an excellent game then talk about what makes it good instead of the reviewer scores. Don't get the wrong idea either, I'm not saying FE:A is good or bad since I have not played it yet.
#14AKC12Posted 1/30/2013 2:43:13 PM
This reviewer gave it a 7, but he's not from a major organization, and the reviewer sounded a little peeved over petty things

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2013/01/fire-emblem-awakening-review-3ds.html
---
What kind of world to we live in. Where love is divided by hate. Losing control of our feelings. We all must be dreaming this life away in a world so cold.
#15arvilinoPosted 1/30/2013 2:44:12 PM
So anyway I'm actually pretty glad the reviews are as well as they did. I had the feeling when I was playing it, even in Japanese that this game would be a really high point for the Fire Emblem series.
#16DarkHeroRavenPosted 1/30/2013 2:45:41 PM
Go home, Endgame. Just go home.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#17EndgamePosted 1/30/2013 2:46:27 PM
I am home
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#18WestbrickIII(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:47:34 PM
Patrick7286 posted...
Fanboys do like to cherry pick when it comes to review scores.

This is true, but it doesn't mean critical reception is irrelevant -- even if the scores were low, they'd still be very much considering, regardless of what fanboys insist. Critics are, for the most part, veteran gamers who've played enough titles to know what makes a game work and what doesn't.

It's not a complete substitute for arguments about the game's quality, but ignoring review averages is asinine. Given how high the current average is, it really should encourage critical voices to rethink their views.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#19jangokojiPosted 1/30/2013 2:49:33 PM
Endgame posted...
I am home

I have to say you may be rude some times but I really must commend you for sticking to your opinion. And if I may ask are you actually going to buy this game?
---
Friend code: 0044-3034-2345
Waiting for the next tales game on the 3ds hopefully not a remake
#20EndgamePosted 1/30/2013 3:08:12 PM
besides Westbrick, weren't you making a 24 hour drive to Canada to buy this game a week early, even though you already imported it?

why are you here making reassurance topics instead of playing your precious game? hmm?
---