Universal critical praise.

#31OoSubaruoOPosted 1/30/2013 3:26:35 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
klecser posted...
WestbrickIII posted...
I actually enjoy Endgame's stubbornness.

Them you either don't understand the intent of his posts or he simply hasn't insulted you enough to get bothered yet.

Endgame and I go way, waaaaaay back. He loves FE7, which is enough for me to know his taste isn't entirely compromised.

What's your point exactly? He's a troll, it's obvious from his posts.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#32DrPiratePosted 1/30/2013 3:27:35 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
DrPirate posted...
Disregarding whether or not the game is actually good, it wouldn't be particularly surprising if a company paid off all the big name reviewers or threatened to pull support. The only purpose of reviewers is to be another source of advertisement.

The fact that people actually think companies pay off reviewers is just laughable. Game gets a good score "Lol paid off". This logic baffles me.

My wording was careless. I don't know whether or not they pay reviewers, but there is certainly the potential for losing support if a game isn't given a "fair" score. "Fair" being subjective to the opinions of gaming companies.
---
you can't take the sky from me..
#33StarWarsguy1Posted 1/30/2013 3:31:08 PM
AKC12 posted...
This reviewer gave it a 7, but he's not from a major organization, and the reviewer sounded a little peeved over petty things

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2013/01/fire-emblem-awakening-review-3ds.html

I can see why he's not from a major organization. He doesn't seem to know how to write a review. (And no, I'm not just saying this because he's criticizing a game I like, there are legitimate problems with this review.)
#34OoSubaruoOPosted 1/30/2013 3:31:28 PM
DrPirate posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
DrPirate posted...
Disregarding whether or not the game is actually good, it wouldn't be particularly surprising if a company paid off all the big name reviewers or threatened to pull support. The only purpose of reviewers is to be another source of advertisement.

The fact that people actually think companies pay off reviewers is just laughable. Game gets a good score "Lol paid off". This logic baffles me.

My wording was careless. I don't know whether or not they pay reviewers, but there is certainly the potential for losing support if a game isn't given a "fair" score. "Fair" being subjective to the opinions of gaming companies.

The fact is, I'm sick of people thinking companies pay off reviewers for good scores. The logic behind this is just idiotic.
---
#35Lord EphraimPosted 1/30/2013 3:32:43 PM
Don't worry. The only review site people brag/complain about is Gamespot. Just wait for their 8.8 review. Oh man the tears I can taste them now.
---
SNARGLEBLAGH
#36EndgamePosted 1/30/2013 3:34:38 PM
whoever can get ahold of endgames ip just send it to me.

DDOS wave gonna be flooding him he wont even have time to log on and troll anyone anymore.

we'll see who's laughing when you're in prison, assuming you can even accomplish getting my IP
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#37OoSubaruoOPosted 1/30/2013 3:35:15 PM
Lord Ephraim posted...
Don't worry. The only review site people brag/complain about is Gamespot. Just wait for their 8.8 review. Oh man the tears I can taste them now.

People brag/complain about IGN too.
---
#38DrPiratePosted 1/30/2013 3:37:31 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
DrPirate posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
DrPirate posted...

The fact is, I'm sick of people thinking companies pay off reviewers for good scores. The logic behind this is just idiotic.

Review sites are being paid well through advertising as long as they give favorable reviews to the right companies. In a sense, they are being paid off.
---
you can't take the sky from me..
#39OoSubaruoOPosted 1/30/2013 3:41:39 PM
DrPirate posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
DrPirate posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
DrPirate posted...

Review sites are being paid well through advertising as long as they give favorable reviews to the right companies. In a sense, they are being paid off.

---
#40IvashankoPosted 1/30/2013 3:47:55 PM
we'll see who's laughing when you're in prison, assuming you can even accomplish getting my IP

People almost never get caught doing that, you realize.