I'm new to Fire Emblem.

#1XBoxOmegaPosted 1/30/2013 6:36:26 PM
I'm enjoying the game so far but there some things are confusing me.

When Forging your weapon, I understand what ctrit and Hit means but what does "MT or MU". Stand for?.

Is there a better way to get gold other than getting "gold baillin" (sorry I forgot what it was called) to drop from one enemy?.

Is there a guide out there on the web or can buy so I can understand more about this game and what does what do.

I'm sure I got more questions but I haven't gotten that far into the game.
#2jayman7Posted 1/30/2013 6:38:17 PM
MT = Might. Weapon strength.

MU = How some people refer to the Avatar (based on the Japanese name, My Unit)... this shouldn't appear on the weapon forging menu...
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3Fimbulvetr17Posted 1/30/2013 6:38:42 PM
XBoxOmega posted...
I'm enjoying the game so far but there some things are confusing me.

When Forging your weapon, I understand what ctrit and Hit means but what does "MT or MU". Stand for?.

Is there a better way to get gold other than getting "gold baillin" (sorry I forgot what it was called) to drop from one enemy?.

Is there a guide out there on the web or can buy so I can understand more about this game and what does what do.

I'm sure I got more questions but I haven't gotten that far into the game.

1. Mt means "might", which represents how much damage the weapon can inflict. This is usually added with the unit's STR/MAG, then minus the enemy's DEF/RES to conclude the final damage.

2. Gold buillons? Well, you can always sell stuff you don't need. I believe there is a skill that the class Barbarian gets called "Mug", where you might get some money on each attack...

3. There's a FAQ in the FAQ section?
#4FiendEmperorPosted 1/30/2013 6:42:23 PM
serenesforest.net
#5XBoxOmega(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:46:33 PM
Thanks for the help people :).

Also another thing, why is the game limiting the usage of the weapon and then it breaks?. That part I don't like so far because you forge it, then it breaks and that means you'll have to spend a lot of gold again. Why?.
#6Is_CorruptedPosted 1/30/2013 6:49:10 PM
It's so you have something to do with your mountain of cash.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#7HopelesslyBoredPosted 1/30/2013 6:50:56 PM(edited)
That's always (or nearly always, can't remember) been part of the series. It forces you to think about what weapon you're going to use. Is it worth it to use this stronger weapon that's nearly broken when I could use this weaker one that'd be cheaper to buy again?, for example.
---
Any normal girl would call the number, meet him, return the album and see if her dream is viable. It's called a reality check. The last thing Amelie wants.
#8VoidEnvoyPosted 1/30/2013 6:58:18 PM
HopelesslyBored posted...
That's always (or nearly always, can't remember) been part of the series. It forces you to think about what weapon you're going to use. Is it worth it to use this stronger weapon that's nearly broken when I could use this weaker one that'd be cheaper to buy again?, for example.

This exactly. Not to mention the fact that if there were no usage limits, you could dump a bunch of cash into forging a really powerful weapon with unlimited usage. You'd eventually earn back all of that money you spent, but you'd still have that crazy strong weapon. The usage limits help to keep weapons balanced by preventing you from just spamming your super strong forged weapon for the entire game. It helps keep the game focused on strategy.