best DS and advance fire emblem?

#1Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 1/30/2013 8:32:24 PM
of the previously released 3 potable games which one is the best? I will get it besides this game since i;ll be overseas 2 weeks
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#2Taro_TanakaPosted 1/30/2013 8:34:09 PM
Well I would say definitely get FE 7 (the first one for the GBA), but thats only on the GBA. If you had to settle for convenience I'd go for Sacred Stones because its available in the 3DS eShop.
---
- Taro Tanaka signing out
Black 2 FC: 4170-2789-5384
#3The Fir CoatPosted 1/30/2013 8:34:32 PM
FE7, just titled "Fire Emblem"
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#4L0rdCrumpPosted 1/30/2013 8:34:46 PM
Fire Emblem (FE7) is the best.
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones is the second best.
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is the worse FE game.

There is actually 5 portable FE games, 2 of em aren't in english but have english fan patches.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#5NeonDragon9000Posted 1/30/2013 8:37:02 PM
Why does everyone hate Shadow Dragon? I don't think it's the best, but it's certainly not a bad game. I liked some of the things it brought to the series, like being able to combine weapons together for added uses, etc.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#6DlordflashPosted 1/30/2013 8:38:38 PM(edited)
Taro_Tanaka posted...
Well I would say definitely get FE 7 (the first one for the GBA), but thats only on the GBA. If you had to settle for convenience I'd go for Sacred Stones because its available in the 3DS eShop.

pretty sure you can't get sacred stones in the Eshop unless you have the 3DS ambassador program, unless the guy actually does have it of course.
#7TyrantKnightPosted 1/30/2013 8:39:47 PM
Why does everyone hate Shadow Dragon? I don't think it's the best, but it's certainly not a bad game. I liked some of the things it brought to the series, like being able to combine weapons together for added uses, etc.

For the most part it's just a cosmetic retouch, and incorporates almost none of the advances the series made since the first game. It's a solid game, it just feels very bland compared to the more recent entries. The art style is pretty divisive, the method for accessing sidequests is pretty controversial, and most of the units are pretty bad.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#8Iffy_JotterePosted 1/30/2013 8:44:41 PM(edited)
People I've read who comment on Shadow Dragon tend to have these common complaints about Shadow Dragon, which I will add my own opinions to:

1) The graphics in battle

Well...I'll admit, the DKC-esque prerendred sprites look a little off compared to the clean sprites of previous portable entries, but they still move rather fluidly. * shrugs * Point conceded to the haters, I guess?

2) The lack of good plot/characterization

Now I can understand having heightened standards for such things in 2009 and beyond, but take into consideration that the plot was lifted right out of the 1990's... as in it was literally 1990 when the plot was first written. I'll forgive the story for being cut-and-dried considering the game's pedigree. It comes from a time when the cliches it delivers were not as old and worn yet.

Edit: 3 ) the sidequests require less than 15 units in your army

Yes, this blows. Missing out on interesting side cahracters and extra content because you're too good at the game? Bleh.
---
"The wages of sin is death... but the hours are good." ---Psycrow, Earthworm Jim cartoon
#9helldewPosted 1/30/2013 8:42:29 PM
FE12 which is the second DS one was also fantastic.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#10jacko_vdzPosted 1/30/2013 9:13:52 PM
Playing FE12 right now with the fan translation and it is definitely my favourite portable Fire Emblem. Will have to wait until I finish it to see if I like it better than PoR and RD, but I'd highly recommend it regardless. Still have to wait until April for FE:A though =(
---
Every Supernicedog has its day.
RR: Guru 5th Oracle 9th