Dual system is brilliant.

#1The_shoemakerPosted 1/30/2013 9:10:58 PM
I just completed chapter 3, the dual support battles are an awesome additon. Makes supports all that much more important and really plays a factor on where you're going to place your units.

I also smile every time my unit finishes attacking and then their partner jumps in for a strike, so cool.
---
Check out the amazing band "ESCAPE THE FATE" right here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Me9nPk5ro
#2DClaxPosted 1/30/2013 9:12:29 PM
i actually have a problem with the duel system, and that is that the enemies can't do it. it feels kinda...eh. you get what i'm saying? i think the game would be a lot more fun if the enemies could attack in pairs too
---
3DS FC: 1676-3725-4140 (msg me if you add me)
#3BMSiriusPosted 1/30/2013 9:13:01 PM
DClax posted...
i actually have a problem with the duel system, and that is that the enemies can't do it. it feels kinda...eh. you get what i'm saying? i think the game would be a lot more fun if the enemies could attack in pairs too

It does make it feel like an unfair battle, yes...
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider
#4DemiseEndPosted 1/30/2013 9:17:35 PM
Its not like past FE allowed the enemy to rescue either.....(significantly less powerful but yeah....)

And dont get it wrong, i LIKED the idea that the enemy should be able to pair up
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#5VoidtemplarPosted 1/30/2013 9:18:33 PM
I rather like the idea that your forces aren't necessary gods on the battlefield, particularly in Lunatic. Sometimes you're outnumbered and fighting against the odds. And it's your bonds and tactics that you must leverage for an advantage. It fits very well with the theme of the game and series. >_>
---
This sentence contains seven words.
This sentence does not contain seven words.
#6SpacedDuckPosted 1/30/2013 9:22:45 PM
Can you guys give me any tip? I've never played a FE game before and I'm trying to play on Hard in Casual mode which is probably a bad idea.

Anyways the first few battles I was doing semi okay in and now that I'm on Chapter 4-5 I'm getting crushed.

I'm just plain out numbered every battle. I have about 8 guys and the enemy has almost double. I keep getting rushed and by the time I take my turn and they've had their counters and then they have their turn and kill two or three of my guys I'm screwed.

What the heck am I doing wrong? I pay attention to the triangle for weapons and still get crushed? Should I be buying better weapons or something? No clue what the hell is going on but it's frustrating now.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#7Scout_TaronPosted 1/30/2013 9:25:54 PM
SpacedDuck posted...
Can you guys give me any tip? I've never played a FE game before and I'm trying to play on Hard in Casual mode which is probably a bad idea.

Anyways the first few battles I was doing semi okay in and now that I'm on Chapter 4-5 I'm getting crushed.

I'm just plain out numbered every battle. I have about 8 guys and the enemy has almost double. I keep getting rushed and by the time I take my turn and they've had their counters and then they have their turn and kill two or three of my guys I'm screwed.

What the heck am I doing wrong? I pay attention to the triangle for weapons and still get crushed? Should I be buying better weapons or something? No clue what the hell is going on but it's frustrating now.

I would suggest waiting for the enemy to come to you. Wait just inside their range, have them come to you and let them attack first. idk if you're bull-rushing, but just running forward isn't gonna work. I would also suggest ganging up on units when you get the chance.

But yeah, positioning >>>>>>> weapon triangle
#8SpacedDuckPosted 1/30/2013 9:27:33 PM
Scout_Taron posted...
SpacedDuck posted...

I would suggest waiting for the enemy to come to you. Wait just inside their range, have them come to you and let them attack first. idk if you're bull-rushing, but just running forward isn't gonna work. I would also suggest ganging up on units when you get the chance.

When you say gang up on units do you mean group two characters together or two characters next to each other? I'm also having trouble figuring out how to initiate a tag team counter or when two characters are grouped as a team how to get them both to attack. Is this just random?
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#9Scout_TaronPosted 1/30/2013 9:33:44 PM
SpacedDuck posted...
Scout_Taron posted...
SpacedDuck posted...

When you say gang up on units do you mean group two characters together or two characters next to each other? I'm also having trouble figuring out how to initiate a tag team counter or when two characters are grouped as a team how to get them both to attack. Is this just random?

I haven't played this game, so I'm not 100% certain about when pair up is most useful, but I would definitely try to end units turns so that they are adjacent to another unit(and initialize a dual attack). Dual attacks are a percentage that is dependent on support level and skill. http://serenesforest.net/fe13/calculation.html Scroll down to dual strike.

Basically what I mean is that you want to minimize the damage you take on the enemy phase, because you control that less. Generally, you want to kill as many units as you can in one turn as opposed to giving out damage to a bunch of enemies. You also want to position yourself in a way where you draw and engage as few enemies as possible.
#10nflchampPosted 1/30/2013 9:39:16 PM
Right, the point here is that going to attack the enemy is almost always a bad thing here. So instead of attacking and eating the counter attack of the enemy, hang back and have the enemy attack you first. You can then kill the enemy before they get a counter on your turn or heal before you attack. Both should prevent your units death.

Try to get the AI to attack the units you want them to on Enemy Phase too.