Good pairings for the casts?

#1boyofevilPosted 1/30/2013 10:48:43 PM
So I know that my unit is def going for Chrom. But I don't know what the heck to do with everyone else anyone care to share their plans?
---
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter and those who matter wont mind.
#2OCShoesPosted 1/30/2013 10:50:11 PM
This is what I've got, so far:

Lucina x Jerome
Olivia x Chrom
Rufus x Sariya
Morgan x Inigo
Stahl x Serge
Lon'Qu x Miriel
Lissa x Donnel
Gaia x Sumia
Maribelle x Frederick
Virion x Sully
Vaike x Cordelia
Panne x Callum
Nono x Gregor

Are we still using spoiler tags for Lucina?
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#3Model_OmegaPosted 1/30/2013 10:51:33 PM
My first playthrough is going to be super casual (but on classic), and I'm just testing the waters as far as getting used to game mechanics and whatnot, so all my pairings are typically the first to start supporting.
Currently I have Chrom and Sumia married, along with Virion and Sully.
Not sure who to support with who yet.
---
Flak Jacket: Survive multiple rockets and grenades exploding by your feet, scratch from a knife to your shin insta-kills you, seems pretty legit.
#4boyofevil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:54:40 PM
Yeah Virion and Sully was one of the pairs I had in mind I just dont want to screw up any of the children characters either :p
---
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter and those who matter wont mind.
#5MAtt5TERPosted 1/30/2013 11:04:37 PM
The sticky is there for a reason:
Updated Marriage, Children, and Inheritance FAQ v2
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65247299

The writer is mildly liberal with spoilers (doesn't treat them like spoilers, so you won't know they are spoilers until you get to that point in plot), but it contains some good tips. For an example, the Lightning Speed skill is important because it can essentially double the number of units on your side. But to get Lightning Speed on as many characters as possible, Avatar must be male and is restricted to one of three partners.

Honestly, I don't like other people telling me how to customize. That defeats the purpose of customizing.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#6boyofevil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:24:21 PM
Eh I probably wont be getting lightning speed then on a lot of characters since my avatar will be female.
---
#7spyke252Posted 1/30/2013 11:29:36 PM
The only one you need to plan is Chrom. No one else marries automatically, so you can play around for awhile.
#8gotohadesPosted 1/30/2013 11:33:14 PM(edited)
It isn't too hard to get lightning speed on some key units. I don't particularly intend to follow the marriage guide myself either. However, I did luck out in that most of my decided pairings yield lightning speed to the units that I intend to use.

If I remember correctly, there are only three women that don't give lightning speed or the Pegasus Knight line from which the skill comes from, so you've got plenty of room to play around.
---
"To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly TWICE looks like carelessness."
3DS Friend Code: Micah 4682-8451-8168
#9Huff n puff 20Posted 1/31/2013 12:57:09 AM
OCShoes posted...
Are we still using spoiler tags for Lucina?

Not when discussing her without mentioning who she is.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition