PSA: Gametrailers review has some serious spoilers

#1BTzzPosted 1/31/2013 12:38:44 AM
Just watched it and they were pretty damn liberal with spoilers.

Sorry if old.
#2OCShoesPosted 1/31/2013 12:45:54 AM
BTzz posted...
Just watched it and they were pretty damn liberal with spoilers.

Sorry if old.

It is old, but no one put as obviously (which is good in this case) as you did, so +1 and a bump.
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#3SxMilionPesoManPosted 1/31/2013 12:46:35 AM
Did not know, thanks for the heads up.
#4LaoniPosted 1/31/2013 12:49:24 AM
Yep, I even noticed extra stuff they spoiled on the second watchthrough, other than the one they really shove down your throat
---
Now I have this image of Sora's heart being a magical hospital. - Hikaru_Irving
#5BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:51:32 AM
Laoni posted...
Yep, I even noticed extra stuff they spoiled on the second watchthrough, other than the one they really shove down your throat

I remember seeing a text bubble that was something akin to 'this is our final battle!'

I didn't go back to check details for obvious reasons, but what the actual ****?! Showing stuff from at or very near the end. Oi.
#6LaoniPosted 1/31/2013 12:55:55 AM
This is the one I saw on my second watch

Scene with Gangrel, you can see Emmeryn on the edge of cliff behind him, with an enemy Barbarian at her back.
---
#7SomniancePosted 1/31/2013 1:21:10 AM
I didn't really pay attention to much of the dialogue and cinematics since I was studying, but I guess this is good to keep in mind if I were planning on showing it to a friend or checking it out again.

Somewhat reminiscent of Castaway's trailer, which ruined the ending of the movie by letting the viewer know he survived in the end and made it home alive.
#8Huff n puff 20Posted 1/31/2013 1:24:08 AM
Right now, I really need a link to that study that proved over 93% of the time, knowing the ending before beginning IMPROVES enjoyment of the story (BTW: that's exactly why the ends of movies and works rarely are anti-climaxes, the villain wins, etc.; being unexpected tends to lessen people's enjoyment, as humans naturally are adversarial to surprises.)
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#9SomniancePosted 1/31/2013 1:38:19 AM
I think it varies. People aren't really looking for a twist ending, but people definitely like the presence of twists themselves. People don't generally want to see the bad guy win, but they do want to see something totally out of left field that makes the material original and entertaining, rather than dull and lifeless.

It's the mystery of them that keeps people interested. How many people would bother reading a mystery if they already knew all the subtle hints that pointed to the killer? Not many. It's the joy of being ignorant and uncovering the truth that leaves viewers entertained.
#10LaoniPosted 1/31/2013 1:47:42 AM
Also, it's not the ending being spoiled in the video, it's scenes before a story character death, and a twist with major connections to the plot and main characters.

The final battle line, I'd have to watch it to be sure, but it's probably to do with what the characters consider to be the final battle near the story character death above, but is really just the beginning
---