Which Fire Emblems have you played ?

#31Dota2Posted 1/31/2013 5:35:24 AM
all damnit
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/icuHUWCoB443q.png
#32Soanevalcke6Posted 1/31/2013 5:38:00 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
Beaten all of them multiple times, including TearRing Saga. Gaiden is mad underrated.

How is Tear Ring Saga?Is the Translation Patch done with no game-breaking glitches?
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#33Soanevalcke6Posted 1/31/2013 5:40:54 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
I've played none.

I'm EXTREMELY anal with playing games where I can't get the whole story, so for a series like this, it's an instant "I'll never play it" from me as most games didn't even get released here.

I really do need to have played and beaten previous entries, which is why when I see a game I like, I google it and then buy the back catalogue before getting the new one, if I can't, I just leave it.

It's why the FE Ambassador game annoyed me, because SuperStar Saga would've made way more sence as all games in the series can be bought and played on this gen except it.

Hell, all Mario RPG's could have been bought when they did the program (Now TTYD can't be played on the current gen Ninty console).

So I'm gutted it's being praised as the best title on 3DS because I know if I did get it, I'd be lost.

Which is why I've came here, to ask, do you (the community) think I should buy it or would I be lost and end off hating it? Is there anything I'd need to know from the previous games?

I figure this would be the best thread to ask it on.

The Fire Emblem games rarely connect stories. The one on the Ambassador Program (Sacred Stones) has it's own self contained story, so playing the past or future games would give you no insight to what is happening in that game.

This game takes place in the very, very distant Future to FE3, but I dont think anything important comes from being on the same continent.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#34jonnovision1Posted 1/31/2013 5:41:51 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
I've played none.

I'm EXTREMELY anal with playing games where I can't get the whole story, so for a series like this, it's an instant "I'll never play it" from me as most games didn't even get released here.

I really do need to have played and beaten previous entries, which is why when I see a game I like, I google it and then buy the back catalogue before getting the new one, if I can't, I just leave it.

It's why the FE Ambassador game annoyed me, because SuperStar Saga would've made way more sence as all games in the series can be bought and played on this gen except it.

Hell, all Mario RPG's could have been bought when they did the program (Now TTYD can't be played on the current gen Ninty console).

So I'm gutted it's being praised as the best title on 3DS because I know if I did get it, I'd be lost.

Which is why I've came here, to ask, do you (the community) think I should buy it or would I be lost and end off hating it? Is there anything I'd need to know from the previous games?

you do realize that a lot of the games are stand-alone right? three of the five localized games don't require any knowledge of the Japanese-only ones (sacred stones, path of radiance, radiant dawn, the latter two ARE connected though) blazing sword (localized simply as Fire Emblem) is a prequel, which mostly contains little references to the previous entry, and Shadow Dragon is a remake of the original, which works fine as a stand-alone.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#35DEMONPANDA212Posted 1/31/2013 5:42:41 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
I've played none.

The Fire Emblem games rarely connect stories. The one on the Ambassador Program (Sacred Stones) has it's own self contained story, so playing the past or future games would give you no insight to what is happening in that game.

This game takes place in the very, very distant Future to FE3, but I dont think anything important comes from being on the same continent.

Thank you for a quick reply, I'll probably give it a go then, now the question is, euro release. So time to google:)
#36DEMONPANDA212Posted 1/31/2013 5:43:48 AM
jonnovision1 posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
I've played none.

you do realize that a lot of the games are stand-alone right? three of the five localized games don't require any knowledge of the Japanese-only ones (sacred stones, path of radiance, radiant dawn, the latter two ARE connected though) blazing sword (localized simply as Fire Emblem) is a prequel, which mostly contains little references to the previous entry, and Shadow Dragon is a remake of the original, which works fine as a stand-alone.

If I've never played the series, how would I know that? There is a reason as to why I asked the question.
#37Dota2Posted 1/31/2013 5:48:20 AM(edited)
If I've never played the series, how would I know that? There is a reason as to why I asked the question.

Is there anything I'd need to know from the previous games?

anything

yes.

but i dont know why you can't just google it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/i6jZbyvEEk5YB.gif
#38WestbrickIIIPosted 1/31/2013 5:48:20 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
WestbrickIII posted...
Beaten all of them multiple times, including TearRing Saga. Gaiden is mad underrated.

How is Tear Ring Saga?Is the Translation Patch done with no game-breaking glitches?

Very good -- if we're counting it among other Fire Emblems, it's respectably right around the middle. Beautiful battle sprites and great music; story and characters were just passable. No glitches as far as I could tell.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#39DEMONPANDA212Posted 1/31/2013 5:54:45 AM
Dota2 posted...

Is there anything I'd need to know from the previous games?

anything

yes.

but i dont know why you can't just google it.

Official message board with die hard fans > google.

Google is great when blind searching, when requiring a specific response, message boards win.
#40jonnovision1Posted 1/31/2013 5:55:51 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

"which is why when I see a game I like, I google it"

because I figured this would apply to Fire Emblem as well.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363