Really tempted to get a US 3DS to play this.

#1Ippongi_RyutaPosted 1/31/2013 5:03:11 AM
The US and EU release date gap wouldn't have been a problem if Nintendo didn't region-lock their damn system. I mean, who knows how long it's going to take Etrian Odyssey IV to reach Europe, if ever.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2, Persona 4 Golden
#2LaoniPosted 1/31/2013 5:14:04 AM
I used the bundle as an excuse to get a US 3DS. I already know for certain, along with FE I'll be getting Code of Princess (Want the physical release), Virtue's Last Reward (I'd prefer the dub, and my country never got a physical release) and Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (Never released here) when I have the money

I'm not regretting the purchase at all right now, it's something I've wanted to do for a while now, because of the shakiness of releases here in Europe/Australia.
---
Now I have this image of Sora's heart being a magical hospital. - Hikaru_Irving
#3Ippongi_Ryuta(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:48:59 AM(edited)
Laoni posted...
I used the bundle as an excuse to get a US 3DS. I already know for certain, along with FE I'll be getting Code of Princess (Want the physical release), Virtue's Last Reward (I'd prefer the dub, and my country never got a physical release) and Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (Never released here) when I have the money

I'm not regretting the purchase at all right now, it's something I've wanted to do for a while now, because of the shakiness of releases here in Europe/Australia.

I took the dive and bought a US 3DS and FE for about a total of 120, should get the game in two weeks max. =D

Also, when you mentioned VLR, that reminded me of another dodgy EU release, I bought the digital version of VLR off PSN but unlike the US version, it doesn't have english voices... =< So, not only do European versions of games come out later and cost more, they also have less features, well done.
---
#4ZerostremeX3Posted 2/1/2013 5:42:35 AM
My condolences that you guys would have to resort to this :( i think i'd flip my **** if i couldn't play HM:ANB by now
---
Signature Temporarily Unavailable
#5Wehttam1991Posted 2/1/2013 5:49:36 AM
$300+ to buy a US Yellow Pikachu 3ds XL..
Tempted but that's a little steep...
---
3DSFC: 1204-0516-1278
Fire Emblem: Awakening April 2013
#6BaKaDaNaaPosted 2/1/2013 5:56:49 AM
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...
Laoni posted...

I took the dive and bought a US 3DS and FE for about a total of 120, should get the game in two weeks max. =D

Also, when you mentioned VLR, that reminded me of another dodgy EU release, I bought the digital version of VLR off PSN but unlike the US version, it doesn't have english voices... =< So, not only do European versions of games come out later and cost more, they also have less features, well done.

Where di you get it at this price?
#7Ippongi_Ryuta(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:59:11 AM
BaKaDaNaa posted...
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...
Laoni posted...

Where di you get it at this price?

eBay, 3DS was in very good condition, costed 90 including shipping, and FE costed a little over 30 with shipping too.
---
#8BaKaDaNaaPosted 2/1/2013 6:00:30 AM
Thank you!
#9LaoniPosted 2/1/2013 6:42:55 AM
That's awesome :D I'll be getting my bundle next week, thanks to the ridiculously expensive shipping I got XD

Add Rune Factory 4 to the stuff to import too, it's being localised to the US by Xseed, they don't have the power to bring stuff out over here XD
---
Now I have this image of Sora's heart being a magical hospital. - Hikaru_Irving
#10aDRE8Posted 2/1/2013 9:08:56 AM
Just bought a 3DS XL for this game. This is the first time a single game made me purchase a handheld.

I'm sure I'll make some good use out of the 3DS, but FE is the main reason and completely worth it...it's on a different level IMO.