I'm new to Fire Emblem...

#1NewlyTimidMagePosted 1/31/2013 8:37:32 AM
...and I'm definately getting awakening on day 1. However, I know nothing about the creatures in this world (except horses). Is there anything specific that I need to know?
#2Soanevalcke6Posted 1/31/2013 8:42:40 AM
the only mythical creatures in Fire Emblem games (Aside from Gaiden and Sacred Stones) are Pegasi, Wyverns, Dragons, and more recently, Beast-men
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#3LaoniPosted 1/31/2013 8:48:06 AM
Don't forget Griffons
---
Now I have this image of Sora's heart being a magical hospital. - Hikaru_Irving
#4tobias__90__Posted 1/31/2013 9:07:08 AM
Actually there are more creatures. Look at the wiki: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures
#5Godly_GoofPosted 1/31/2013 9:08:34 AM
All you need to know is that Donnel is a badass if you level him.
He starts out painfully weak but now mine can just troll a whole map lol
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#6NewlyTimidMage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:45:01 AM
Donnel? The one that looks like a kid? What does he get that makes him a badass?
#7Godly_GoofPosted 1/31/2013 9:53:50 AM
NewlyTimidMage posted...
Donnel? The one that looks like a kid? What does he get that makes him a badass?

he has the pot on his head. And he just has massive stat increases per level I've never seen him get less than 5 +1s per level and generally to the crucial stats like Def Str Speed and HP. He starts out painfully weak though like anything can kill him, but now it basically takes a like leveled enemy with a Steel axe to do more than 3-4 damage to him now. And because of his insane luck he just trolls with dodges and crits.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#8Scout_TaronPosted 1/31/2013 9:59:01 AM
The Villager class has a school that super charges growth rates...
#9KrentarisPosted 1/31/2013 10:02:34 AM
NewlyTimidMage posted...
He starts out in the special class Villager, which gives him a skill that raises all of his stat growths by 20%. In FE, when leveling up, each stat has a random chance of increasing - each character's growths differ depending both on their class and each character's innate potentials.

As you can imagine, an additional 20% chance for each of his stats to rise is fairly significant. So, he will start out weak, but given some time and training, will become very competent in battle. His only major drawback is that he uses Lances as a Villager, but cannot promote until reclassing. Unfortunately none of his reclass options nor their promoted forms use Lances, so all the weapon ranks he gained are largely useless.

His high growth rates are largely irrelevant in the postgame environment, as every character can eventually max out all their stats. However this will undoubtedly be very useful playing through the main game.
---
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
#10NewlyTimidMage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:14:43 AM
Krentaris posted...
NewlyTimidMage posted...
He starts out in the special class Villager, which gives him a skill that raises all of his stat growths by 20%. In FE, when leveling up, each stat has a random chance of increasing - each character's growths differ depending both on their class and each character's innate potentials.

As you can imagine, an additional 20% chance for each of his stats to rise is fairly significant. So, he will start out weak, but given some time and training, will become very competent in battle. His only major drawback is that he uses Lances as a Villager, but cannot promote until reclassing. Unfortunately none of his reclass options nor their promoted forms use Lances, so all the weapon ranks he gained are largely useless.

His high growth rates are largely irrelevant in the postgame environment, as every character can eventually max out all their stats. However this will undoubtedly be very useful playing through the main game.

Interesting. I'll remember this on my playthrough.