GameStop staff reports "there is no release date, the 2/3/13 date got pulled"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. GameStop staff reports "there is no release date, the 2/3/13 date got pulled"

User Info: ChristReigns

ChristReigns
3 years ago#1
Yeah the guy said they may get it on the 7th or 8th. Anyone else encounter this? If this is true perhaps a the big N will do a d/lable version on the 3rd and print copies release later to boost electronic sales? Sounds plausible.
PSN: christreignz; XBL: gofixmeaplate

User Info: violentvito

violentvito
3 years ago#2
called corporate and they said that date is only for Canada not the US. He said they were instructed to do it, so my guess is its only for Gamestop/EB games as a backlash for the early release.

User Info: Gamer0561

Gamer0561
3 years ago#3
Wouldn't that contradict the commercials saying in stores Feb 4th?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanHater

User Info: Lord Ephraim

Lord Ephraim
3 years ago#4
Canada breaks street date.

United States gets punished.

First. World. Problems.
SNARGLEBLAGH

ChristReigns
3 years ago#5
Lord Ephraim posted...
Canada breaks street date.

United States gets punished.

First. World. Problems.

^ yup.

User Info: ChoujinX

ChoujinX
3 years ago#6
I just got back from Gamestop. The guy told me the street date is broken and that he may get it Sunday/Monday but he's not really sure. So I go to WalMart to check it out and they have no idea when they're getting it. I go home and call a different Gamestop closeby and they tell me there is no street date and they wont get it until the 8th, they're not doing anymore preorders and if I didn't preorer it it may be hard to obtain. Then I call Best Buy AND Target and they both tell me they have no clue when the game is coming in.

Man I wish I preordered it, I'm probably getting screwed now :(
XBL GT - JebusJebebus

User Info: Jstretch19

Jstretch19
3 years ago#7
My guy's telling me they're allowed to sell it as soon as they get it, and that's gonna be sometime between now and Feb. 8
4 more days

ChristReigns
3 years ago#8
Jstretch19 posted...
My guy's telling me they're allowed to sell it as soon as they get it, and that's gonna be sometime between now and Feb. 8

Same thing my guy said. Like a poster above, I also didn't preorder but I licked out as they had an extra art book. Dude put my name on it and told me to call Thursday and if its in, I can pick up the game and the art book then.

User Info: tcaz2

tcaz2
3 years ago#9
I am so confused.
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2664/7b7aaa038007832d461b28c.jpg

User Info: xLinkku

xLinkku
3 years ago#10
The GameStop employee I spoke to on the phone a few days ago didn't say anything about the street date being lifted, it sounded as if he was reading a script, he was so, I don't know, generic sounding? Like a pre recorded response to my question. I'll have to call again later today to see if they changed anything g.
Official Fennekin of the Pokemon X/Y boards
3DS FC: Bryan 4296-3998-3033
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. GameStop staff reports "there is no release date, the 2/3/13 date got pulled"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived