My Gamestop: "Earliest we'll get it is 2/8"

#1BTzzPosted 1/31/2013 12:11:18 PM
Any alternate places to buy it folks?

Will Gamestop.com have release date shipping?

I'm in Ohio. Sorry, know that board is spammed with topics like these right now.
#2Second_ChancesPosted 1/31/2013 12:20:38 PM
Pretty much any other game selling retailer is probably a better bet in the first place. In my experience, GameStop almost never gets Monday Nintendo releases on the actual release. Although the eighth sounds really silly, the fifth or even the sixth sounds much closer to something reason for this sort of thing.
#3BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:23:01 PM
Second_Chances posted...
Pretty much any other game selling retailer is probably a better bet in the first place. In my experience, GameStop almost never gets Monday Nintendo releases on the actual release. Although the eighth sounds really silly, the fifth or even the sixth sounds much closer to something reason for this sort of thing.

Ugh, you can only get the bundle from gamestop though.

This is crap.
#4LightHawKnightPosted 1/31/2013 12:25:04 PM
BTzz posted...
Second_Chances posted...

This is crap.

That is why I am hesitating to call them... If I do not get my bundle by monday I shall rage.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#5UmuruPosted 1/31/2013 12:25:58 PM
BTzz posted...
Second_Chances posted...

This is crap.

Although it isn't a physical store (I don't think...), you can order the bundle from newegg.
#6BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:26:15 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
BTzz posted...
Second_Chances posted...

This is crap.

That is why I am hesitating to call them... If I do not get my bundle by monday I shall rage.

You definitely want to call them. I'm headed down to cancel it now and pre-order from best buy. This is crap, there's no reason we should have to wait almost a week after the game comes out.
#7Jstretch19Posted 1/31/2013 12:28:07 PM
I'm pretty sure your GS guy is an idiot. From what I've heard its not earliest 2/8, its that the game could get to the store between now and then.
---
4 more days
#8BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:28:45 PM
Umuru posted...
BTzz posted...
Second_Chances posted...

This is crap.

Although it isn't a physical store (I don't think...), you can order the bundle from newegg.

Thanks for the recommendation. It looks like that wouldn't arrive until the 6th but it's something to think about.
#9BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:29:15 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
I'm pretty sure your GS guy is an idiot. From what I've heard its not earliest 2/8, its that the game could get to the store between now and then.

Called all of the gamestop's in my area and they all said either that or I don't know.

Maybe it's different in other areas.
#10Jstretch19Posted 1/31/2013 12:30:46 PM
BTzz posted...
Jstretch19 posted...

Called all of the gamestop's in my area and they all said either that or I don't know.

Maybe it's different in other areas.

Yesterday my GS told me it would be in today or tomorrow. Now they're telling me the 8th at the latest.

The one thing we know for certain is that no one really knows wtf is going on.
---
4 more days