Is lack of same-sex marriage an issue?

#11FairyGlitter(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 4:03:44 PM
Metagame64 posted...
If your a male then your Gfaqs name suits you well.

Shut up.
#12Lexmark1989Posted 1/31/2013 4:04:37 PM
Is it an issue in the U.S? yes but not that big of an issue anymore. Is it an issue in the majority of the world? Yes. Is it an issue with this game? No
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#13Legend-APosted 1/31/2013 4:04:45 PM
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...
The entire point of marriage in this game is to have children that become playable characters, unlike Skyrim where marriage is just this side thing you can do.

mhm

Although heterosexual romantic supports that didn't yield children would be cool, you can't really fault them since the point the marriage and children system was implemented was to introduce children characters.
#14ivanhellsingPosted 1/31/2013 4:05:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15ZeldiasPosted 1/31/2013 4:09:01 PM
Bothers me. Same-sex couples could adopt a kid. Only one that needs to be blood-related is Chrom's kid for Royal Weapon (never played an FE, but I presume that's something hereditary. If it just means that you're a royal, then Chrom could just adopt, too).

Just the same old heterosexist stuff.
---
Look! The East is burning red!
#16king_darksPosted 1/31/2013 4:14:17 PM
Zeldias posted...
Bothers me. Same-sex couples could adopt a kid. Only one that needs to be blood-related is Chrom's kid for Royal Weapon (never played an FE, but I presume that's something hereditary. If it just means that you're a royal, then Chrom could just adopt, too).

Just the same old heterosexist stuff.

Why would they adopt a weaklin when their babies will turn into juggernauts?
---
School days are back.
#17OCShoesPosted 1/31/2013 4:16:01 PM
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...
The entire point of marriage in this game is to have children that become playable characters, unlike Skyrim where marriage is just this side thing you can do.

IMO, that's the problem, that's the only reason marriage is in this game. I'd like it as a character development thing, which this series is hailed for, where you can also happen to have kids. Just my 2 cents.
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#186speednissanPosted 1/31/2013 4:23:23 PM
I wouldn't mind if it was in there. If there were certain characters designed to be that way if paired with other certain characters I'd be cool with that.
#19Lexmark1989Posted 1/31/2013 4:25:56 PM
OCShoes posted...
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...

IMO, that's the problem, that's the only reason marriage is in this game. I'd like it as a character development thing, which this series is hailed for, where you can also happen to have kids. Just my 2 cents.

Its still a character development thing that you can only get by supports.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#20ToiseOfChoicePosted 1/31/2013 4:26:23 PM
Yep. Also lack of skin color in Avatar creation, but eh.

The thing that bothers me is when people say "it's because they need to make kids!" We already got magic and time travel, what other hokey plot device do we need to justify same-sex reproduction?

Someone mentioned sexual preferences elsewhere, but I figured having a dozen guys and girls pairing up with no regards to their personal tastes, compatibility, or species kinda invalidates that.