Is lack of same-sex marriage an issue?

#211Locke ScythePosted 2/3/2013 8:32:06 AM
If they created specific gay characters I'd be cool with that. But I don't think its a issue.
---
Take my love Take my land Take me where I cannot stand.WIIFC:7503 0425 6476 3294 GT:Locke Scythe
I don't care, I'm still free.You can't take the sky from me.
#212nimerjm37Posted 2/3/2013 8:48:07 AM
dudupupu posted...
I'm 100% behind not catering to life philosophies/desires that deviate from God's long established perfect standard.

Before any one group in particular takes offense, know that I apply this to ALL facets of life, even my own, for I am a daily disgust to the Lord in my own ways.

Sexual, substance abuse, disrespect, war, hate -- all of it needs to be remedied.

Sucks that I have to provide such a lengthy disclaimer, but hopefully the point is clear.

Yikes.

I've always hated multiplayer gaming. I've been playing games for over 30 years and I've never enjoyed sharing the gaming experience. Not head-to-head, not co-op, not local, not online; I just prefer the single player experience.

Most of the preference comes from enjoying games for their stories. I like the feeling that I'm on some escapist adventure with a definite start and end, like a good book. To me, multiplayer, especially online competitive multiplayer, is like picking a single page in a novel and reading it over and over and over again.

What does that have to do with this topic? Well, I feel extremely lucky on occasions like this. By not playing multiplayer games, I stand no chance of having to interact with the backward hill people, underage users and/or mentally challenged zealots who still, in 2013, unbelievably hold such views. Lucky me!

BTW... I'm a straight, married white male. It doesn't bug me there are no same sex couples in FE, but if there were I'd be fine with it. Only the slack jawed mouth breathers seem to ever make it an issue, a counterproductive move on their part - it usually only serves to expose their ignorance.
---
Never, EVER order ANYTHING from ConsoleSource.com. EVER. You have been warned.
#213Patriarch105Posted 2/3/2013 8:52:34 AM
I think it would be a problem with the medeival setting of these games. It would be odd if they were just accepted. And if they weren't accepted that's gotta be shown somehow in the story. They'd need to be portrayed as outcasts or something.

And character interaction between non-essential cast members is usually not well done in these games. Not to mention they're geared towards kids and a lot of adults in america would rather not have children's media influencing their choices. (Same reason there arn't a lot of regular romances in children's shows)

If they want to do it in a game geared for an older audience by all means but usually doing something like this in a kids franchise ends up coming off as forced tollerence and the gay characters would be more token then anything and if oyur going to have a gay character I think that aspect of a character should be developed. not just tacked on as an afterthought.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#214Rideps1Posted 2/3/2013 9:05:05 AM
Iwata_Miyamoto posted...
I think the lack of racial doversity in Japanese games as a whole is also alarming. Why are all the characters in manga, anime, and Eastern video games in cluding Fire Emblem all white?

There was something earlier posted about them having a generic enough ethnic look that many just end up picturing them as their own race.

On top of that, the Japanese population is.... I think 95% Japanese? You might not think to draw more diverse people when you do not see them.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#215Godly_GoofPosted 2/3/2013 9:09:57 AM
dudupupu posted...
I'm 100% behind not catering to life philosophies/desires that deviate from God's long established perfect standard.

Before any one group in particular takes offense, know that I apply this to ALL facets of life, even my own, for I am a daily disgust to the Lord in my own ways.

Sexual, substance abuse, disrespect, war, hate -- all of it needs to be remedied.

Sucks that I have to provide such a lengthy disclaimer, but hopefully the point is clear.

As a christian I find your intolerance to others unacceptable, Jesus and God both taught forgiveness, understanding, and compassion. Not to be a total jerkwad to people just because they're different.

I may not agree with gays and I find the thought of what gays do to be (to use the scientific term) "icky-pants" but thats just the way they are and I'm not gunna judge them.

They want to put them in the game I really dont care. As long as they dont make them seem over the top offensive, then I just feel bad for seeing such an offensive character in a game
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#216deus_clivioPosted 2/3/2013 9:17:18 AM
This isn't a question you can put to a poll. If 10% of people feel excluded, it's not up to the other 90% to tell them "it's not a big deal."

I think it is an issue to exclude people in this day and age. It hardly ruins the game, just makes it a little less progressive than it could be.
---
Starcraft II: Diamond solo, Master team Protoss. Warcraft III: high-level Human. Demon's Souls: SL 120 Pushed ToB build.
#217Huff n puff 20Posted 2/3/2013 9:36:52 AM
deus_clivio posted...
This isn't a question you can put to a poll. If 10% of people feel excluded, it's not up to the other 90% to tell them "it's not a big deal."

I think it is an issue to exclude people in this day and age. It hardly ruins the game, just makes it a little less progressive than it could be.

There's no need for a game to be "progressive". At all.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#218dudupupuPosted 2/3/2013 11:08:48 AM
I'll say this once, because quite frankly, I've grown out of my passion for trying to argue about silly things (because that's what they are).

Your problem doesn't lie with me - it lies with acknowledging the accountability that our God places on your shoulders.

I don't live a life poking at or hating anyone; in fact, as a Christian, I have a REAL basis for my compassion towards all. However, I also have an obligation to stand up for the very clear word of God on matters such as this.

I'm simply an ambassador. You can make insinuations about my character or whatnot - that's really secondary. On the other hand, at some point, you have to confront the living God on this issue; that's not my promise, that's His.

That being said, I thought I was pretty understanding in my statement. We ALL - whether homosexual or not - sin (deviate from God's way) in some form or another. The answer, however, is NOT to embrace this, but to recognize it for what it is and turn away from it.

To the other professed "Christian:" You are only half-way correct in your conception of our Lord. Sure, he is compassion and doesn't shun those who acknowledge their sin and call upon His name. However, He also quite unashamedly stands up for the Father's standards of marriage, friendship, substance abuse, and various hates.

It is NOT hateful or bigoted to share the truths of God. In fact, it is more noble (and difficult) to pull someone from the currents of their sin than to help create a world in which that sin is tolerated. Again, doing our best to ensure that God's way is upheld is our responsibility, NOT to simply make peace and love with all by shutting our mouths on important matters such as this.

Like I said before, if you disagree, your issue is with God, not I. I would challenge you to read your scripture and find that true love sometimes comes through confession and admission rather than denial.
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#219SomniancePosted 2/3/2013 10:34:23 PM
dudupupu posted...
I'll say this once, because quite frankly, I've grown out of my passion for trying to argue about silly things (because that's what they are).

Your problem doesn't lie with me - it lies with acknowledging the accountability that our God places on your shoulders.

I don't live a life poking at or hating anyone; in fact, as a Christian, I have a REAL basis for my compassion towards all. However, I also have an obligation to stand up for the very clear word of God on matters such as this.

I'm simply an ambassador. You can make insinuations about my character or whatnot - that's really secondary. On the other hand, at some point, you have to confront the living God on this issue; that's not my promise, that's His.

That being said, I thought I was pretty understanding in my statement. We ALL - whether homosexual or not - sin (deviate from God's way) in some form or another. The answer, however, is NOT to embrace this, but to recognize it for what it is and turn away from it.

To the other professed "Christian:" You are only half-way correct in your conception of our Lord. Sure, he is compassion and doesn't shun those who acknowledge their sin and call upon His name. However, He also quite unashamedly stands up for the Father's standards of marriage, friendship, substance abuse, and various hates.

It is NOT hateful or bigoted to share the truths of God. In fact, it is more noble (and difficult) to pull someone from the currents of their sin than to help create a world in which that sin is tolerated. Again, doing our best to ensure that God's way is upheld is our responsibility, NOT to simply make peace and love with all by shutting our mouths on important matters such as this.

Like I said before, if you disagree, your issue is with God, not I. I would challenge you to read your scripture and find that true love sometimes comes through confession and admission rather than denial.

Are you saying that ALL Old Testament laws are to be obeyed? As in everything is literally as said in the Bible?
#220Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/4/2013 5:25:56 PM
Rideps1 posted...
Since the only real point of marriage is having the kids, and having said kids not be bastard children (which I am sure would cause too much butthurt), I don't think so.

Wait...isn't there a character who is said to be descended from Ike? That would prove Ike and Soren had a baby at some point, which means same-sex is no obstacle to babymaking..