Is lack of same-sex marriage an issue?

#231haedrilPosted 2/5/2013 9:27:15 AM
they'll have it just as soon as the world of fire emblem discovers artificial insemination.

Give me a break......
#232KyerofoxPosted 2/5/2013 9:31:05 AM
There isn't any because if they did and made everyone Bi it'd be unrealistic, If they made certain characters Bi there would be a lot of hate that peoples favorite character isn't Bi

(coughgarrusandtalicough)

Not to mention the backlash of the hate groups they'd get. Company's are scared because of what happen to Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

Just be happy there is romance at all. If the homosexual community is unable to romance a man and a woman, then they need to grow up.

My sister is a lesbian and she loves Yaoi and straight couples. She's also a huge FEan and loves this game.
---
PSN: Kyero X360: Kyero
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.
#233AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 9:34:10 AM
AdeptMage posted...
Like I said before, if you disagree, your issue is with God, not I

my issue is that you follow a false, crappy god and that in fact makes you a crappy person, no matter what your excuse may be

Showing hate for hate. Doesn't make things sound hypocritical at all. :/

Reason why these topics don't need to exist.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to the whole "wahhh we need to tolerate everyone's beliefs" thing of the past few decades

there are wrong and bad people, and those who are anti-gay, for religious reasons or otherwise, are wrong and bad
---
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#234Brandon31577Posted 2/5/2013 9:36:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#235deus_clivioPosted 2/5/2013 9:57:50 AM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
deus_clivio posted...
This isn't a question you can put to a poll. If 10% of people feel excluded, it's not up to the other 90% to tell them "it's not a big deal."

I think it is an issue to exclude people in this day and age. It hardly ruins the game, just makes it a little less progressive than it could be.

There's no need for a game to be "progressive". At all.

You're missing the point completely. I'm not saying there is any obligation on game developers to be progressive and inclusive. Still, when they choose not to be (deliberately or inadvertently as the case may be), it's just kind of a shame in this day and age, and it is an issue for inclusion in society.

Besides, Bioware has shown that this can be done successfully in games (See Dragon Age, Mass Effect 3).

And please stop spouting nonsense like it would break the marriage mechanics. Not EVERY character needs to be able to have children. ~10% of people are gay in real life, they couldn't put three or four characters in there to acknowledge that these people exist?
---
Starcraft II: Diamond solo, Master team Protoss. Warcraft III: high-level Human. Demon's Souls: SL 120 Pushed ToB build.
#236CloudfatePosted 2/5/2013 10:30:32 AM
AdeptMage posted...
AdeptMage posted...
Like I said before, if you disagree, your issue is with God, not I

my issue is that you follow a false, crappy god and that in fact makes you a crappy person, no matter what your excuse may be

Showing hate for hate. Doesn't make things sound hypocritical at all. :/

Reason why these topics don't need to exist.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to the whole "wahhh we need to tolerate everyone's beliefs" thing of the past few decades

there are wrong and bad people, and those who are anti-gay, for religious reasons or otherwise, are wrong and bad

You completely missed my point. Your post was offensive to all Christians. "following a false so and so" Your statement showed hate. Im a Christian, yet don't hate gay people. If you stated specifics instead of just what I pointed out, then I wouldn't disagree. Bigotry isn't just a one way street.
---
XboxGT:ArcSilverX
SSF4ae mains Bison/Guy
#237MightymegaPosted 2/5/2013 11:05:10 AM
AdeptMage posted...
I think it would be a problem with the medeival setting of these games. It would be odd if they were just accepted. And if they weren't accepted that's gotta be shown somehow in the story. They'd need to be portrayed as outcasts or something.

if people in a FICTIONAL "medeival" setting can be cool with people flinging lightning and flying on dragons I think they can be cool with homosexuality

Nope not even the same thing, Sexuality can't really be compared to other things. See the thing is anyone can be gay and you probably aren't going to bare children if you are which would actually hurt civilization just as much as wars because there'd be less people. There's a reason homosexauality is a bigger issue than most any worlds problems and I don't really think you can compare it to anything.

AdeptMage posted...

Bad by who standards though? The bible/religion basically set the standards for what is right and wrong, in fact someone told me there's no such thing as evil people because the bible isn't real. Look man I'm all for gay marriage, but people like you aren't going to make things better with hate on hate no matter how much you push for it.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#238Anyroad2Posted 2/5/2013 11:19:39 AM
Would it be nice if there were options for it? Sure it would.
Would it be an effective/worthwhile use of company time/resources? Maybe.
Would its inclusion make the game significantly better/worse? Probably not.

Marriage (as far as I know) isnt a huge part of the actual game, aside from generating children and recruiting them in your army.

Whatever though. Maybe its just the way I play games or something that make me think this isnt a huge deal. When creating a character, I dont feel the need to play my gender or make them have the same sexual preferences that I do (when that comes up in games).

Theres no reason that lack of same sex marriage in Fire Emblem: Awakening should be a big deal.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1421-5562-6926 (Paul)
3DS FC: 4098-2336-0884
#239Ryan2EZPosted 2/5/2013 11:21:20 AM
It's only an issue for me because I want a Yuri pairing <3

Could care less if guys can marry other guys
#240Anyroad2Posted 2/5/2013 11:23:50 AM
Ryan2EZ posted...
It's only an issue for me because I want a Yuri pairing <3

Could care less if guys can marry other guys

I did the the little "Extra" thing with two female characters and the lines were "Would hold hands" and "Holds up on a pedestal" both with pink lines and hearts. The old guy said something like "Get a room you two".

I found it amusing.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1421-5562-6926 (Paul)
3DS FC: 4098-2336-0884